Anyone seen this before?

trome71

Got a 940Xm.

Also now have X-fire 7970M

Use of course the modded BIOS.

Also use stock voltage 022 VBIOS, and OC it slightly using overdrive.

My CPU has only been able to give me about 6000 physics score in 3DMark11. This even heavily OC'ed, always standard voltage and clock on GPU until after i had Xfire.

Had this problem before i got crossfire. Both with standard and modified PSU.

Get about same values now after Xfire install. (if PSU problem i would expect them to be bigger after installing more than 100 extra W)

I can really tweak it to about 6500 using 28X slight BIOS OC and 75mV OV in BIOS. TS bench time 11,8. (think its fast with 940Xm)

Have seen speeds about 4K at best. And have run 3DMark11 all the way at over 3900.

Also just discovered that my computer dont find the RAM in slot 1. (only slot0)

Have used both RAM in both slots, same result.

I had to change my RAM to 1*8 to get back to 8 gigs.

Anyone seen this before?

Could it be part of same CPU problem?

the 30 core was not stable enough to run 3Dmark11.

I just did it to make 4K on all cores.

As you can see I had 109W total. TDP was at that point 120W.

TDC was 75mA.

All 4 cores had 28 on the first dump.

used 75mV in BIOS. 3% BIOS OC.

I know it seems very high.

If i try doing it with 26, I can go through the 3DMark11 without OV even with slight OC in BIOS.

My scores goes down accordingly.

will do a new bench now with 25 all cores, no BIOS OC or OV, TDP 110, TDC 75.

Anything you want on a dump after?

I just went out and bought a 8 G stick yesterday, and this was with this stick.

I do have more memory, it would be the one i had originally 2*4 (or 1*8 and 1*4. Donno if we can use different memory in the banks.)

Did one test later yesterday where i had one of each just since i had the time.

In 3DMark11 it seems i can see both sticks, but its the only place.

Two of the same 2*4 i cant see it in bios. I can only see the chip in bank 0 regardless of which of the two is in slot 0 or 1 or if i only use one of them in slot 0.

Will have to wait a week to do more tests. Going away on what will be my only holiday of the year.

Also have to do some work on my primary GPU card first. Was so stupid yesterday trying to flash 1,050 VBIOS using atiwinflash on both GPU's, and it went black loading GPU1 after GPU2 did go great. (off course i didnt read the warning first :S ) Hopefully i can either blind flash card 1 or i can swap and load as GPU2. (Hassle since ive done temperature mods making swaps a bigger job. ) If its dead for good, i have to do the walk of shame and get another. (not easy to find another 021 or before)

It's likely that your CPU performance is related to the system running the memory only in single channel mode. 2*4GB should perform better than 1*8.

1*4 and 1*8 won't work officially but it's worth a try. Maybe there's an issue with your memory slot.

As for the GPU... I'm afraid you can't re-flash the vbios in the M17x R2, at least that's how I remember it. No need to buy a new GPU though, I can sell you a vbios chip with the proper vbios.

Enjoy your holiday.

I have had same speed when i had 2 *4 RAM running ok.

I see that any 8Gig chip is not officially good on this system (either alone, combined with another 8 or with a 4), so 8 and 4 would not be either i guess, but at least it seems they are discovered in 3Dmark11. Hopefully it can use it too?

Its also odd i get those high frequencies too and still not as great speed on tests as others with lower setup speeds.

And i should not be able to run as high multiplier as i set with stock and low OV, but still it runs.

If i cant do a secondary card flash (ill at least give it a go) I might have to buy a VBIOS of you, we will check it out in a weeks time.

Have a good day. Thx for answers so far.

Now ive got life back in my card. Had to re-flash as secondary card.

Phu.

Ive seen the odd behavior from the RAM.

When starting the computer only 4 Gig is found.

Even in CPUZ. But after a litle while when i restart the CPUZ the memory is found and i have 8 Gig.