Best vbios for 680m on a Clevo P150EM

gordon.freeman

Hi, i need some advice about which vbios is best for 680m on a Clevo P150EM.

Originally i had the 80.04.29.00.01 vbios and I had no problems with it except the throttling that affects the 680m. Then i tried flashing the 80.04.67.00.01 hoping the throttling issue went off...but I were wrong and I didn't know that the throttling issue was in all official vbios (included the ".33" one).

Sincerely, I don't know what are the differences between the two and if the .67 could be worse than the .29 in terms of performance when used on a P150EM.

Also, I have Windows 7 on my P150EM and I read that the ".67" one was primarily designed for UEFI support (only Win8 uses it, right?) that I obviously don't have. So now, what vbios should i keep? The ".27", or 67" one? (or ".33" eventually)

Thanks in advance

PS: for ".27", ".33" and ".67" i mean the official and original vbios from nvidia, so NOT modded.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply :)

You mean the "80.04.67.00.01 'ocedition' revised_01" modded vbios? If yes, in fact i'm still considering the idea of flashing it...until then I think I'll keep the best official one from nvidia (anyway, the modded vbios might be flashed very soon)

That's the one for EM systems, yes! :)

• 2 months later...

It doesn't look like you reached minimum 5 posts requirement.

Are you an elite member? If not then I think the only vbios you can download is this one GTX 680m (Clevo) - Overclock Edition VBIOS - Downloads - Tech|Inferno Forums.

It allows you to have +405 base clock offset instead of +135, but doesn't change voltage though (at least not on my P150EM).

If you are not an elite memeber and still managed to download the version 80.04.67.00.01. Tell me how would you?:65:

In case you are an elite or official member, there is a list of other vbios that allow voltage change here at the end of this post: http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/1847-nvidia-kepler-vbios-mods-overclocking-editions-modified-clocks-voltage-tweaks.html#post23432

• 1 month later...

Hoping to grab the .33 1025v mod once I have enough posts and see what I can push the card to, currently running the stock voltage overclocked vBios, I have managed to push 918 Core and 2400 Memory and am getting a stable system with a 3DMark score of 7219, noticed that it is very dependent on video drivers thou.