P170hm gtx560m

test_user567

Hi guys,

I just bought a GTX560M for my broken P170HM, but I cant get it working. The seller says it has the right vBIOS, but the Laptop starts blinking and beeping at the same time. I dont know what I should do now. Im reading through these kind of forums since 4 hours..... :/

Please help me.

Thanks in advance

Niclas

I had a ATI 6990 and I just have a black screen. But the laptop starts dos and i just tested to dump the vBIOS, but nvflash says: no nvidia card.

Reseat the card in the slot and try again, if nvflash still doesn't find the card my guess would be it's DOA.

Ok I just sent it back. Before I tested updating the BIOS but this runs me in the same error. I think the card is dead. Do you think a GTX675M of an Alienware will work in my Clevo?

Dell cards are hit and miss in clevo. I heard that the dell 680m does work, but I don't know about the 675m.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I just got the 675M from mokkin (ebay) but I have the same problem. The laptop starts beeping and blinking. :( I dont know what I have to do to get it working...

Does it boot at all? If so what vBIOS version does it have (should show in F2 BIOS menu or on a sticker on the card)?

The NB doesn't boot at all.

The problem:

First I see the LEDs and I can hear the hard drive.

Everything seems fine but I have a black screen.

But then something strange happens: The fan rises up it's speed and 3 LEDs next to the power button start blinking while the NB is beeping.

Things I tested:

I can get DOS booting, but NVFLASH says: No nvidia card found. Exit code 2.

If I start the NB without any graphics card, it starts the same way. Beeping and Blinking.

With the old broken 6990M the Laptop starts normal, but with black screen.

Is it possible that the BIOS is too old? I read that sometimes the GPU doesn't get recognised if the GPU ID isn't in the BIOS. I think I'm able to flash the BIOS blind with my old graphics card, but I don't know how....

Thanks, Niclas