Does anyone know if the Alienware 17's come with a throttle set temp for the CPU?

I have asked this in another thread which was incorrect of me and I apologize for that. I have an Alienware 17 with 16gig ram(DDR3) and came with a stock intel i7 4990qm overclocked at 4ghz, and Nvidia Geforce 780m graphics card. I installed EVGA precision X to raise the GPU throttle temp up to 85 degrees, but when benchmarking using 3D Mark 11 often the sotware will crash when doing the physics section of the bench, which leads me to believe this may have something to do with the CPU

Does anyone have any ideas? I understand that flashing a vbios with give me more options in EVGA as many are greyed out currently including the power meter, fan speeds etc.

But is there something that needs to be done to stop the CPU throttling as well?