Blind Bios Flash

08evo

It looks like Insyde updated the way they install the BIOS.

I tried to compare some of the extracted files from the current BIOS release for my Alienware 14 and the extension to the file that needs to be renamed isn't part of the extraction with the current BIOS.

My 14 is beeping 4 times, according to Dell that is a RAM issue. I replaced the low voltage RAM with regular DDR3 hoping it solved the problem. I still have the issue and I was hoping to be able to do a blind flash of the BIOS but can't find any resources on this and hoping someone in the community has some knowledge.

I posted this in the general Alienware forum because I am assuming the new lineup is all using this new Insyde format.

Thanks

I think the new systems don't accept RAM with regular voltage.

Can't you flash back or reflash by the regular way?

Which recovery file do you want? A00 or A03?

Yea your right Luis on NBR already confirmed that the new 14 doesn't accept anything higher than 1.35v.

My problem is I was messing with XTU and I tried adjusting the multiplier on the ram and the system didn't like it and I think the RAM is still stuck and possibly at 1.5v.

My computer wont boot past post and has 4 beeps, however, if I remove the sticks it beeps only twice. I'm hoping it isn't something more than the ram.

I prefer A00 since that is currently what I am using, unless you think it is worth the upgrade to A03.

I did try that a few times with no success.

I have however corrected the problem since.

XTU either wrote the multiplier or the voltage to the RAM. I was able to correct it with Thaiphoon Burner.

Thanks for the moral support :).