Is There something wrong

I was in the other Forums and I found may threads indicating exchanges from faulty M17x-R2 to the M17x-R3 and people clamoring to try to get the m18x-R1 as replacement.

My question is, what is wrong with the m17x_r2? I knew Brian had one and for what he told us was a great machine, was he the exception and not the norm? Is the R2 not as good machine as I thought it was?

• Founder

So far I find my R2 exceptional, it served me well for what I use it for, if in the future it won't be able to serve its purpose or something happens to it, then I will have to do what ever is necessary in order to fix it, if Dell cannot provide any assistance because they no longer have spare motherboards, monitors, chasis,gpus,etc.. then they will have to replace it with something equal or better.

So I can safely say that it is not just a good but a great laptop. (personal opinion)

• Thumbs Up 2

More than likely those people are trying to get the latest and greatest for free.

That would be stupid in my humble opinion, from what I read the m17x-R2 is a far superior machine in that it has the only RGB screen in the Alienware products.

All of those are valid reasons, If I could get a R2 again on clearance I wouldn't hesitate. But my R2 wasn't work what I owed and M18x is a nice system. The RGB is like spa for eyes! Throttles stop and setfsb with a overclocked vbios on the R2 is like a Tank.

• Founder
That would be stupid in my humble opinion, from what I read the m17x-R2 is a far superior machine in that it has the only RGB screen in the Alienware products.

Unfortunately the superiority ends with the screen (and probably the overclockability of the 920/940XM), M18x is better in every other aspect