GTX 770 sli

rediseal

I am looking at build a new gaming desktop computer. I will be using 3 x 23in 1080p monitor setup. Just want some thoughts on the gtx 770 sil. I know there rebranded 680's beefed up a little more. I will be using evga card as I like there warranty.

I am looking at build a new gaming desktop computer. I will be using 3 x 23in 1080p monitor setup. Just want some thoughts on the gtx 770 sil. I know there rebranded 680's beefed up a little more. I will be using evga card as I like there warranty.

It looks like the 4gb 770 classified is like about $550. I know an extra $150 is a lot but you could get the 780 classified for that much more. There is a huge difference between these 2 cards. GK110 is so much more powerful. Some of the valley scores I have gotten with mine beat some bad oc'ing 680's in sli. Also the memory seems to clock just as high and you have a 384 bit bus. Right now mine is stable at 7450mhz. Even if you could afford only one 780 classified right now and get the second one later on. Or if you want to save even more go for reference evga 780's and the price difference only becomes $100.

agreed. If 770 in SLI, then the 4 GB Version (in SLI the VRAM does not sum up). So 2 GB ist much to less for two 770. And if you are ready to spend so much money, think about GTX 780s. A lot faster and have have better OC potential. (As already mentioned GTX 770 are 680 with a bit more clock)

I just bought two MSI 4GB of the 770's and they are pretty fast and really quiet. My decision was based on performance for 3D Vision. A single 780 couldn´t handle this requirement on it´s own and two 780 in SLi would cost 400 bucks more. So the GTX770 is a very good option. ~40% more Performance than a stock 780, 1Gig more VRAM and 25% more power consumption.

If you are not sensible to microstuttering this should be a good option for a three 23" Monitor-setup. If you want some Numbers (benches, wattage etc...) ask me. I have a lot of games ;)