6990m in MSI GX660R

netorlk

Hi,

I have the MSI GX660R Model: MS-16F1 and I've upgraded it with 6990m from the original 5870m that came with. The problem I'm having is that I can't find a vbios with HDMI audio working. I've tried many of vbios that I found in techpowerup.com but none of them makes the hdmi audio output working.

Does anyone have the right vbios, perhaps modified, that it makes HDMI audio output working?

I do really want this output working since I always use the notebook in a TV LCD at working for meetings.

Many thx for any help!!! :)

Hey!!!

I got this vbios from this post: http://forum.techinferno.com/alienware-m15x/390-%5Bguide%5D-m15x-amd-6970m-6990m-everything-you-need-know.html

This is a Dell.bin vbios and now the HDMI audio output is working!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!

Thank you very much, that guide that I found is perfect. :)

Great! Is your card an ES version? Cause that's a 6970m vbios which normally doesn't work on 6990m... at least if I remember correctly, been a while since I had those cards.

Great! Is your card an ES version? Cause that's a 6970m vbios which normally doesn't work on 6990m... at least if I remember correctly, been a while since I had those cards.

I've, that a good question. I've bought from ebay as 6990m in description. How can I check the really model? Cause in the GPUZ appears 6900m series...

And the other this I observe is that the Overdrive section in the Catalyst software now is missing. The clocks from this bios I got from your post is 680/900 and the old stock bios was 715/900. Do you know if this bios makes this overdrive section to change clock and memory in the catalyst soft?

Yeah, stock 6990m vbios is 715MHz, and 6970m is 680MHz. The one you flashed is a 6970m vbios. I should be able to add overdrive to it.

The only way I know to check for an ES card is to look at the PCB and at the die, do you have a pic of the card? 6900 series ES is nothing bad, I had some of them and they performed splendid, great quality board.

Yeah, stock 6990m vbios is 715MHz, and 6970m is 680MHz. The one you flashed is a 6970m vbios. I should be able to add overdrive to it.

The only way I know to check for an ES card is to look at the PCB and at the die, do you have a pic of the card? 6900 series ES is nothing bad, I had some of them and they performed splendid, great quality board.

I will open the notebook again and take a pic for you...

I will open the notebook again and take a pic for you...

Don't worry, it doesn't really matter for me, it's just in case you're curious.

Here's the vbios which should give you a nice overdrive support, let me know if it's fine. The limits shouldn't limit you (unless you go for a volt mod on the GPU, then you might need a new mod :P).

Dell 6970m - overdrive.zip

svl7,

here is the pics from my notebook and vga: post-14121-14494995547926_thumb.jpg

Well, I used the ATI RBE to edit this bios i got from you and I put the 715 in the core and in the additional option I've enable the Overdrive setting. It's working now in the catalyst soft and the clocks are the same as before. I will make some test playing BF3...

post-14121-14494995547355_thumb.jpg

post-14121-14494995547618_thumb.jpg

Don't worry, it doesn't really matter for me, it's just in case you're curious.

Here's the vbios which should give you a nice overdrive support, let me know if it's fine. The limits shouldn't limit you (unless you go for a volt mod on the GPU, then you might need a new mod :P).

I'm gonne try this one too. Thank you very much for your help!!! :)