LG jumps into mobile market with the P430 and P530 Blade laptops

LG at the end of may is introducing a line of ultra slim laptops in the 14 and 15.6 inch flavor, deemed the Blade a fitting name for the thin sized laptop. The 14" P430 is to be introduced at the late end of May and the 15.6" P530 about a month later. No pricing is available but colors are... we will see "Misty Blue" and "Titan Black". The P430 weighs in at 4.3 pounds and the P530 will be only .6 lbs more at 4.9. No other features have been revealed other than we know it will house a Second-generation Intel Core i7 processor with the NVIDIA GeForce GT520M an LED LCD, 1.3-megapixel HD webcam, SRS technology and it will be DLNA-enabled.

Check it out here!

LG intros ultra-slim, lightweight P430 and P530 Blade laptops | ZDNet

Well I mentioned LED display... if they are any descent at all they will already beat the M18x display... it's not very hard too.too_sad.gif

GT520M has a big number, but roughly looking at the numbers on notebookcheck, it seems to perform worse than 335M that comes with M11x. What's the point of dedicated graphics that's barely better than Intel's integrated 3000 HD ? Hardly impressive for 14" or even 15" format.

I'm not sure what is the target audience for these kinds of laptops - people who like sleek laptop looks? 520M dedicated graphics will cut down on battery life (and it's 3D performance is just a joke anyway ~5K on 3DMark06). Someone should give LG a call and let them know we're few years ahead of 2008. :) Besides, there is already Macbook Air (for example) for folks that want slim laptops. I mean "OOhhhhh LED LCD screen" the very same technology that has been already available for YEARS. From the specs that are posted, the laptop seems mediocre in pretty much anything. (Or should I maybe be impressed by 2kg weight?)

Who knows maybe it's marketed to people who want to try a little of everything, who don't need the best of the best, but needs to be portable and light with acceptable performance in real world application for mundane tasks.