Samsung Series 7 Convertible Tablet slim Netbook competitor coming soon

Samsung seems to have kept this baby up it's sleeves and little to no hype has been built on this product yet. The idea is this... Samsung is going to jump into the mobile market with this Series 7 Convertible Tablet. It's size 10.1" display at 1,366×768 resolution places it against netbooks all over. With the price listed at $649 you get an 8hour battery life (Samsung's latest claim), a mere 0.8 inches thick at 2.2 pounds, with Intels 1.5GHz Atom Z670 processor, 2GB of memory, 32GB of storage and Windows 7 Home Premium we can definitely expect some competition from the netbook market and even the tablet market... but not meant to be a full fledged tablet... so no it isn't meant to compete against the Ipad. Check it out here.

Samsung Series 7 convertible tablet coming soon | ZDNet

• Thumbs Up 3

Thin and 8hour battery life sounds good to me! Price could be just slightly lower and it would stomp any average net-book.

Eh, have fun typing on that thing. :-/ I don't think sub-12" keyboards are going to be much comfortable than the touch-keyboard you have on iPad. The price is way too high, imo. Especially considering I paid $600 for my tablet. :)

I agree if they charge about 400ish for this it would hold it's value well. It is not a tablet alone so it is not in direct competition of most tablets in general.

• 5 weeks later...