P150HM & Nvidia 675mx issues

guidoux

HI

I have a P150HM and updraded the 6970M VGA to the GTX 675MX. Unfortunately it's doesn't work in spite of what the vendor said. The vbios is 80.04.58.00.05.

Is it compatible? if not (what I think) is there a vbios that would work with the P150HM (for exemple the 680M one)

I have a P150HM and updraded the 6970M VGA to the GTX 675MX. Unfortunately it's doesn't work in spite of what the vendor said. The vbios is 80.04.58.00.05.

Is it compatible? if not (what I think) is there a vbios that would work with the P150HM (for exemple the 680M one)

What do you mean when you say it doesn't work? Please provide some details. Also I moved this to the Clevo subforum.

It's the HM new vB prob we talked about. He either needs a Legacy version vB or the new "no oROM fix"...question is can you even boot to usb to reflash your card or does it hang before? Or do you have other means to flash the card?

Ahh, right. The HM problem, thanks for pointing it out :D

Yeah, if you can flash your card somehow then it should be fixable. Does it just boot with a black screen? If I remember correctly the HM users could blind flash the 7970m so that might be an option here.

It's the HM new vB prob we talked about. He either needs a Legacy version vB or the new "no oROM fix"...question is can you even boot to usb to reflash your card or does it hang before? Or do you have other means to flash the card?

HM_ 670MX can be lit,

But do enter the system card.

Hi

Thanks for taking care of my problem

In fact the PC boots up to the boot screen with F2 setup and F7 boot options. Typing F2 or F7 or any other key do nothing..That is where I am stuck..

the vbios seems to be not recognized. That's my guess but I am a novice

Thanks for helping me

Pull out every SSD/HDD & optical drive and see if you can get it to boot from a usb boot disc. If you can then we can help you, otherwise you will need a friend that can either boot your card in his MXM Notebook or has an MXM SLI (dual gpu) system to re-flash the card with a custom vBIOS.

Hi

I removed all storage devices on my PC to boot on the DOS key. I plugged the card and this time the screen was green, flickering and eventually black..no boot started on the dos key

I think the card is dead now because of my manipulations. I am angry against the card seller : upgrademonkey who assured me compatibility with P150HM and didn't accept my initial choice 7690M because of incompatibility:oh:

I reinstalled the 6970M card evrything is OK. I overclocked to 800/1100M (core/memory) and works fine.

I want to stress that this 675MX problem makes me discover your forum (good news) and I was amazed by the expertise in this forum, the willingness to help "newbie" like me. THanks to you to share and help others. Thanks a lot

I will come back.... before i make an upgrade.....:semi-twins:

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for scrolling up this thread but I've bought an GTX675MX (not receive yet) for my P170HM and I would like to know if I will experience the same issue as guidoux ? and if so what can I do to blind flashing my card (which correct Vbios) ?

also, when you said "it's the HM prob" what are you talking about ? sorry I've not found all information here or my searching is not precise.

thank's in advance for your answer ;)

ans sorry for my English.