Y500, after installing BIOS MOD, my MSDM cable doesnt containt Windows 8 key anymore

chuckbass

After I flashed v2.02 and the BIOS Mod by svl7 I wanted to reinstall Windows 8, but then the serial prompt came up which normally doesn't. Then I booted back into Windows 8 opened RWEverything went to the MSDM table and my serial is gone. Also in BIOS my serial is gone or whatever what was supposed to be there.

BEFORE flashing to v2.02 i think I made a BIOS backup. any chance my serial is still in there?

Did you follow my instructions carefully? Did you create a backup of your BIOS and then used my bios fixing tool?

Thank you! I will flash my fixed BIOS tomorrow. I apparently missed a small part in your instructions before. Luckily I backed up the BIOS.

I was able to activate Windows 8 without the key in the BIOS by manually entering it.