Asus G75vw Raid 0

tgzander

Im having a bit of a problem

Im trying to set my g75vw to raid 0 but i have a bit of a problem

I do not have a usb to load the drivers on to my laptop so im wondering if there are any other options like SD card, or CD?

the reason i ask for another option is i live about 50km away from the nearest place that sells any form of usb drive and i need a quick and fast solution.

• 2 weeks later...

What OS are you trying to load? I'm not even sure if you can load XP or Vista on the G75, but whether or not its Windows 8 or Windows 7 matters. Assuming you have Windows 7, you'll just need to get a USB drive, or you could possibly burn the file to a disk. When you're loading the setup for Windows, it should all be loaded to RAM. You should be able to take the disk out, put your driver disk in, load the driver, then put your Windows setup disk back in and continue on your merry way to a RAID array.

• 2 months later...

You don't even need the driver, just do it via your BIOS (SATA Config to RAID). f10 to save changes, restart, ctrl+i to access the Intel RAID utility. Create your array and then install windows like normal.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep in mind, I run RAID 0 with two matching Corsair SSDs and if you plan to do the same I would caution you you too flash any new firmware via AHCI mode or on anther machine beforehand. You CANNOT update firmware with most SSDs while in a RAID configuration. I typically install on one drive, get all the latest drivers, then image using Windows 7 image tool (yes that is the name even in Windows 8) but make sure to get the newest IRST install before hand. You can then image that into your RAID array and IRST will retroactively execute any TRIM commands required for the previously written data and also any data going forward. Good luck!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta