think i may have bricked my laptop with unlocked bios. :(

scaleop32

was having a look on the page for unlocked bios mods and i had seen this one for my laptop, MSI GX60, so i downloaded the bios and set up and flash drive with the files (DOS/ME/98) and put the bios files on the drive and all was well,

reboots laptop then boots from flash drive. gets to C: prompt and types in UPDATE, and the BIOS starts to flash OK, then the laptop shut down on its own, so i turn the laptop back on and nothing..just dead, fans work hdd lights flashed for about half a secons and that it,

did try the recover the bios with a the bios on the flash drive with the renamed BIOS to AMIBOOT.ROM no look..laptop looks like its trying to read the usb stick but it never stops it just loops forever. flash flash flash flash.

ctrl+home no luck.

so unless you know something i don't please let me know. the bios on my msi laptop was under the name APTIO BIOS.

Did you try take out plug from cmos battery for 10 min. ? try it.

yep done that with no luck.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe @svl7 or @Prema can assist you. Sounds to me it might have been a bad flash.

well I hope so cos i am well out of ideas right now.

but yea the cpu is still getting warm so i don't know. ( i suppose its a bit like taking the starter motor out a car and trying to turn the engine).

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...