To x220 and x230 users with LP125WH2 SLB1-SLB3 screen. Please, report about quality o

Sirios

Hi there!

There is a new, the third generation of IPS screens that marked as LP125WH2 SLB1-SLB3 (0A66702 (FRU 04W3919)), if anybody uses it, please, report. How is it? Is it somehow better than the previous generations? I'm interested in everything! Ghosting, blacklit, colors etc. One word - QUALITY, with comparsion to old generations.

Thanks in advance

How do i check my screen model? I bought and x230 and y580. Btw, the touchpad is horrible on x230. For those that are using y580, you will not understand how worse it could get until you use the x230. Other than that, it's a great notebook.

How do i check my screen model? I bought and x230 and y580. Btw, the touchpad is horrible on x230. For those that are using y580, you will not understand how worse it could get until you use the x230. Other than that, it's a great notebook.

You can try use AIDA 64, and look in "Monitor" tab for LP125WH2 SLB1-SLB3, mine is LP125WH2-SLB1, but I do not know if it is work out, the better way to make all things clear is to open and look for info backward the screen. You can easily do it with help of this maintenance video (here http://service.lenovo.partner-management.com/content/CourseWarePublic/6636/course%20files/index.html) It will by very nice if you can provide any info. Thanks in advance.

I know for sure mine is IPS. The model is LP125WH2 SLB3. The color reproduction is super compare to my Y580. Ghost is absolute minimal. I notice ghost when i move Windows across screen but I really have to look hard for it. I cannot see ghost in movies fast action movies. The angle view really good. I notice pictures are not as sharp but text is very sharp. Backlit could be a bit brighter for outdoor. Black reproduction is really good even in a dark room. AIDA64 says the panel was manufactured in 2010. I find it questionable. Monitor ID LEN40E2. I do not have the old gen panel so I cannot give you a contrast.

I know for sure mine is IPS. The model is LP125WH2 SLB3. The color reproduction is super compare to my Y580. Ghost is absolute minimal. I notice ghost when i move Windows across screen but I really have to look hard for it. I cannot see ghost in movies fast action movies. The angle view really good. I notice pictures are not as sharp but text is very sharp. Backlit could be a bit brighter for outdoor. Black reproduction is really good even in a dark room. AIDA64 says the panel was manufactured in 2010. I find it questionable. Monitor ID LEN40E2. I do not have the old gen panel so I cannot give you a contrast.
You are the first replied, I very appreciated that, thank you.

• 1 year later...

I have x230 with LP125WH2 SLB3 screen and I absolutely love it, although I don't have an older generation laptop display to compare. Ghosting, blacklit, colors - it is all ok for me, but what's especialy great it is the contrast. I also love white balance. The screen is very brigh for indoor use. Do not know about outdoor, I guess no screen will be bright enough for that.

The only problem I have now, and this is the reason I'm posting this message, I cannot find decent 22"-24" monitor which would be even remote match to the x230 on picture quality. Larger IPS monitors which I saw are not even close to the LP125WH2 SLB3 when it comes to comfort for eyes and I think i's because of contrast. I worked on 23EA63V-P, U2412M and VS24AH-P and they are all lame compared to x230 display, there were problems with white balance on first two (could be defective though). They also make my eyes hurt. Sadly enough, I didn't have this problem until I bought x230. Now working on VS24AH-P but thinking of returning it too. Maybe I need to look at other technology, something like PVC display?