latest drivers for 6990m on Windows 8 Pro x64

rcarlos243

the driver on the dell website is 8.851.2 A02 which was released on 8/9/2011. I tried to install the latest video drivers directly from AMD through the Auto Detect Method but it said it did not support my system. I also tried to download and install the 13.1 Mobility Catalyst but it wont update the graphics driver. Is there any newer driver that works on 6990m in Windows 8 x64 and doesn't break stuff like graphics switching?

Which M17x do you have? The latest driver should install without issue. Do you have a Clevo or Dell 6990m?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

The model I have is the m17x r3 flashed with unlocked a12 bios w/sata fix. The processor it has is 2630qm.

I tried running the catalyst autodetect but it says not supported. When I fresh intalled the latest one from and, it refuse to install saying incompatible.

I don't know if the 699m I have is Dell or clevo

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2