Migrate MBR to UEFI posible! (windows 7 & 8)

sy5tem

This is MBR to GPT

Hello,

"im sorry for my bad english"

I've just done a migration on my windows 8 system, i was on windows 8 PRO 64bits on 2X SSD in RAID 0 MBR.

Now i am secure booting uefi windows 8 from the very same RAID 0 EFI !

how?

its semi complicated, thanks to PARAGON migrate to uefi (early adopter programs) .

the complicated part is that you need a temporary hard drive for the procedure ...

So that's how i did it ....

I installed Paragon migrate to UEFI, and i used true image (any cloning software should do) to clone my RAID 0 to the 1TB hard drive connected on the eSATA port,

once the system as been cloned , i booted the machine pressed F12 for boot menu, choose the external HD once it booted, i started paragon migrate to uefi, it asked me source disk , i choose the 1TB from which i just booted from and the destination i choose the raid 0 . there is a message telling me that i will lose my data on my raid 0 " expected..." the software start to work a little and then it ask for a reboot, i chose yes to reboot, press F12 on boot and chose the 1TB external esata drive again, then a little after paragon starts and do the migration. then it finish and reboot. there i must go into the bios and go and change boot to uefi , disable legacy , enable fast boot and secure boot. save and exit, reboot, then i see the alienware in text. and the windows 8 bunch of balls rolling in a circle ... success!

-----------------

NOTE

-----------------

this software is mainly for windows 7 ... there is some stuff to do on windows 8 for it to work.

1. need to gpedit.msc and go for Computer configuration --> administratives Templates ---> application compatibility and enable 2 rules.

A. Turn Off application compatibility engine : ENABLE

B. Turn Off Program Compatibility Assistant : ENABLE

"enabling them effectively turn them off..."

reboot

now i can start the paragon migrate to uefi... if nothing append .. open task manager and find the first process called " a part of paragon migration" and end task.

then the wizard windows opened and i went ahead!

----------------------------------

dont forget after the migration to:

----------------------------------

after it completed i went back to gpedit.msc and go for Computer configuration --> administratives Templates ---> application compatibility and NOT CONFIGURED 2 rules.

A. Turn Off application compatibility engine : NOT CONFIGURED

B. Turn Off Program Compatibility Assistant : NOT CONFIGURED

"NOT CONFIGURED put it back to default!."