WNDR3700v2 port still closed after configuring

sgogeta4

My Lenovo W520 (latest drivers for my Intel 6300) is connected to my WNDR3700v2 (latest firmware 1.0.0.32) which is connected via ethernet cable to my cable modem (Time Warner). I have assigned my laptop a static IP address and I'm trying to torrent on port x (not any of the standard ports like 80, 8080, etc.). I've set up port forwarding to open TCP/UDP for port x on my static IP address but when I test it, it's still closed. I've set up an inbound rule to accept any requests on port x (and even tried testing if the port is open with the firewall turned off). I've tried setting up my static IP in a DMZ. I can see an external (public) IP on router status. I've set NAT filtering to open and checked off respond to ping on internet port. Can anyone help me troubleshoot what options will help me open up this port?

I connect to my modem through 192.168.0.1, and to the router through 192.168.1.1.

This is my LAN config on the router:

post-115-1449499388802_thumb.png

here I set it to use 192.168.1.1 and DHCP to start at 192.168.1.2. I set the modem manually 192.168.0.1 in the LAN setup in its own software:

post-115-14494993888632_thumb.png

I have the cable model connected to my wall (its just cable TV connection), then the router's ethernet port is connected to the yellow port on the router (the one you use to connect it to the internet when its working as a router, rather than just a switch). I have disabled NAT and DHCP on my modem, so the router directly gets the external IP address:

post-115-14494993888943_thumb.png

I'm pretty sure I set the cable modem to bridge mode but I have to see if I can find what I set the IP address of it to log in. I see it connected to my router as 192.168.0.50 but typing that into my browser doesn't load anything up.

edit: interestingly enough, I managed to open my BT port but my Starcraft 2 ports are still closed...

• Founder
Searching google, it seems like other people are having this having this issue to... still can't figure out what's wrong.

Even with DDWRT: http://www.wordmark.org/Wndr3700.html

Aren't you running OFW? And in case of ddwrt did you try the fix provided in the article you posted to?

If you want we could setup a team viewer session. Maybe I can help...

I am running a wndr3700 v2 as router with the modem attached in pppoe mode, this seemed to be the only reasonable way to do port forwarding without getting the modem in the way.

The router runs openwrt and is absolutely stable. However I also noticed a strange thing when doing port forwardings between WAN and realDMZ. I actually had to allow forward the ports to the security zone LAN, in order to get the packages delivered to the address in the DMZ. I never investigated the issue, because I assumed it was a software bug (bleeding edge firmware), but now that I hear of software independent issues, I might take a look at this once I have more time.