6970m Crossfire question

Hello everyone, just wondering if someone can tell me if crossfire will work properly with two different vBIOSes or two different manufacturer's cards.

I have a Dell 6970m that has some kind of issue where it only works on the Dell vBIOS, not the Clevo vBIOS. The Dell vBIOS doesn't work well in the R2, so I was wondering if it would work to run that card as the secondary and run another 6970m as the primary with the Clevo vBIOS.

Not sure, never had a dual card system. I don't even know if both vbios actually get fully used...

My guess would be that it can work with cards from different manufacturers, but both with the same vbios. It might even work with different vbios... no idea.

Of course it might not work at all... maybe someone with a dual card system can check, e.g. @StamatisX... he has two idenatical 7970m, but he might be able to check whether it works if one card is flashed with the Dell vbios and the other with the Clevo version.