m18xr1 gtx675 drivers issues

mrhot2000

Hello Nabd and welcome to the forum. When you try to install the drivers, do you get any kind of error message?

I just got a reply to my email to the supplier and all he told was that i need to add device id to the drivers. I tried to find info on the net and that let me to the inf file with all the file names to what i understood from the format I saw i tried to add a line with the device id and still it wont find the hardware i posted a gpu z printscreen can anyone please tell me what line to write in the inf file I am using the file from alienware drivers site it has many enteries for gtx675 but none matches to my card awaiting to be rescued by someone with more knoewledge then poor ol me

I just got a reply to my email to the supplier and all he told was that i need to add device id to the drivers. I tried to find info on the net and that let me to the inf file with all the file names to what i understood from the format I saw i tried to add a line with the device id and still it wont find the hardware i posted a gpu z printscreen can anyone please tell me what line to write in the inf file I am using the file from alienware drivers site it has many enteries for gtx675 but none matches to my card awaiting to be rescued by someone with more knoewledge then poor ol me

Has your install issue been solved with StamatisX's directions? Do you have it up and running?

Has your install issue been solved with StamatisX's directions? Do you have it up and running?

Yes its resolved now i need ti upgrade a m17xr3 i was hoping for a 675m again i tried the same card in it and gives 8 beeps and no display. Whats the best card i can use in m17xr3?

Yes its resolved now i need ti upgrade a m17xr3 i was hoping for a 675m again i tried the same card in it and gives 8 beeps and no display. Whats the best card i can use in m17xr3?

Okay great. I can suggest for bios 8beeps that you may need to reseat the LCD cables and the video card that is a common error for not receiving proper signal from LCD and such. If you did soalready I understand. So if you can attempt more than once to very carefully reseat the LCD cables and additionally reseating card in MxM slot. Ill quote SVL7 in a way... he has said the same that mxm slots can be finicky and that sometimes trying to reinsert card more than once you may luck out. Mxm slots are so finicky.

Besides that those errors dont usually occur unless the video card is damaged or perhaps there is a single wire or connector of the lcd cable which is broken like a bent pin etc. Hope one of the suggestions help you.

Best card 680m second best is 7970m but drivers are sometimes a nightmare.

• 1 month later...