Calling all XM chip, 3930K/3960X and ultrabook owners! Heat-Spring TIMs for testing!

Are you interested and up to the task of testing Heat-Spring TIMs?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested and up to the task of testing Heat-Spring TIMs?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care
    • I would like to chip in to fund a full kit.

NP. I got missed getting to the post office to send reborn his friday/saturday because of my father-in-laws birthday party so I'll mail his off Monday at the post office on my way to class so if you get me the info no later than early monday I can send yours off too

as a way to show you I'm still on board I have been making preps I'll have those results to you hopefully tommorow night. pics of pretest runs for IBT so i know what to set it to for the duration of the test.

post-34-14494993772876_thumb.png

post-34-14494993771283_thumb.png

post-34-14494993772074_thumb.png

different ram????

Different day from pic to pic. I will use specific for all of the duration of the testing the same ram so all is consistent. Sorry to make it seem different with the pics. I just meant to show that i had done a test or two already so i had an idea when i do the real testing how i may need to set cpu to survive the hour long tests. For both initial paste and indium test i will use exact same speeds on the first testing then as mentioned see how far indium takes us. The ram on all tests will be DDR3 2133Mhz Sodimm 8gb total in dual channel at 10-10-10-27 timing on all tests on this paste and the indium. Again sorry for the confusion. Ill have the initial test logs for you done tonight and PM'd to you for tomorrow morning. Sorry its been longer than the rest of the applicants, been working around schedule.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

Updated plus reborn2003 at NBR has reports with initial results and he is having an easy 5-7C drop in temps and very consistent temps too. He went from 2.8GHz to 3.3GHz with a few C of room from original temps! He can probably squeeze all the way up to 3.5GHz with still being in original temp range!

Okay peeps,

I've got the HS installed in my M18x - specs in my sig below.

A few pics to show initial temps + some temps during full folding@home load. :thumbsup:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87082[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]87083[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87078[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]87079[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]87080[/ATTACH]

CPU running stock clocks.

My initial impressions are that it is quite good. Idle temps aren't the greatest however good enough. High 40s to low 50s for the CPU. Very consistent temps.

The impressive part atm is the temps under load. I noticed around 5 - 7 degrees lower folding temps which has allowed me to up my folding CPU frequency from 2.8ghz to 3.3ghz accross all 4 CPU cores.

My main aim was to keep temps below and from ever reaching 90 degrees as this is when the throttling can start to kick in. So far so good.

The extra benefit of this HS is if I don't ever have to pull the system apart and repaste the thermal paste again.

During heavy 24/7 CPU GPU folding the paste can pretty much disappear lol withing a month or 2. I will see how temps go in a few months time to determine durability and HS effectiveness.

Thanks again to HopelesslyFaithful for letting me test it out.

I hope to have it installed in my other systems when I get some more time.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]87081[/ATTACH]

CPU f@h temps whilst Overclocked to 3.3Ghz.

Cheers. :)

updated again with a streamlined process! I made an application form and checklist to make everything as easy as possible! Let me know what you think! mw86 follow the new guidelines and i will be able to send you stuff ASAP! Let me know what you guys think and if i have made any mistakes that i need to fix! Also if you got any advise i am all ears...figuratively of course ^-^

EDIT: clarified a few things

• 2 weeks later...
updated again with a streamlined process! I made an application form and checklist to make everything as easy as possible! Let me know what you think! mw86 follow the new guidelines and i will be able to send you stuff ASAP! Let me know what you guys think and if i have made any mistakes that i need to fix! Also if you got any advise i am all ears...figuratively of course ^-^

EDIT: clarified a few things

thank you I guess I will start over if its still not too late. :)@HOPELESSLYFAITHFUL

no biggy rather you start over anyways ^^ it'll eb easier for wewveryone. I have to look through this one guy's at NBR tonight and make sure its good and if it is i'll mail out tomorrow. If you finish it tonight and got it all straight i'll send tomorrow for you too

Thanks okay getting started.

Paranoid Galaxy S3 on Tapatalk 2

@HOPELESSLYFAITHFUL I cant download the form from your drop box the application form says file no longer exists and also the checklist. I can use the posted checklist and do the tests but i guess i'll have to get the form from you tommorow and you should pm me the correct address to send it to as last PM you had sent me an email address I don't think sent to there.