M17x R2 black screen after installing Eurocom 7970m, Help!

Dalorian

Hello all,

I bought a Eurocom 7970m, put it in my M17x R2 and the laptop screen is black and dead. I checked all connections etc and nothing helps. The VGA works and I get the screen and everything on my external monitor. I ran diagnostics and everything seems fine but it detects my VGA external display as my one and only display, as if its the laptop display. I checked CCC and it only detects one display aswell. Tried a FN + F6 to swap display but it only detects one display. I'm guessing it thinks the VGA is the only display it has. When I don't have any external displays connected to the computer the screen stays black aswell. It's as if the screen is dead but nothing is wrong with the screen.

I seem to be having the same issues as Whap-a-Chow was having in another thread, and on page 3 or 4 I saw that Whap-a-Chow reflashed his vbios and got it working. Is that something I should try? I was thinking of trying that but I can't get the vbios file cause I don't have access the site says. Any ideas / help??? :/

I'm using A10 bios in my M17x R2. Help is appreciated, this is frustrating :/

• Founder
Problem solved :) Actually solved before this thread was approved by a mod :P I flashed the card using RJTech vbios and it sorted the screen. Thanks :)

Thanks for the update and glad you got it working.

so will any 7970m card work as long as you flash it with the right vbios or does it have to be dell or eurocom?

Theoretically any MXM 3.0b 7970M should work (Clevo/MSI/Dell).