8 beeps at post

Hi guys I'm having a problem with my month old R4. When I start the computer it gets to the Alien head and then 8 beeps and shuts off. I called Dell and explained everything; he was quite nice by the way,and he's sending a tech out to install a new system board and display screen. I reinstalled W7 and everything is fine now except I can only run on integrated graphics.In device manager I have the 7970M disabled but if I enable it and reboot there's a message in the general tab of the 7970 saying "Windows could not load the device because it reported a problem Code 43" Anyone could give me some advice? Could it be the graphics card? The ATI is showing up in the bios along with the Intel 4000.

Anyone could give me some advice? Could it be the graphics card? The ATI is showing up in the bios along with the Intel 4000.

It's most likely the graphics card, your bios beep code underlines this assumption. Windows error code 43 does not automatically mean that the card is dead or damaged.

I had this problem twice, the first time with one of my Asus MarsII cards, it was not properly connected to the PCIe, reseating the card solved the problem. The second time it was a defective vram module, accordingly the card was no longer usable.

I can only give the advice to check, if the card is correctly connected to your MXM port...otherwise a replacement seems to be the only solution.

• Thumbs Up 2