EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs

On 5/21/2020 at 12:03 AM, MattyB said:

Ok, that's interesting. Optimus (SG) will not work with the 120Hz display so it will be interesting to see what happens. 

So, I finally received my new 1070 which was completely compatible with my M17x R4. I installed the modded drivers, put the heatsink on with new 2mm thermal pads, and started the computer up flawlessly. I also today received my 330 Watt PSU. Only problem is that I'm getting temperatures of 85C under heavy prolonged loads. What is your cooling solution?

Awesome! The hardest part is getting it working. If you've used 2mm pads across the whole card then I think this could be your problem. From everything I have read before, you need 1mm pads in most areas and also a 3mm pad in a few spots. If the pads are too thick then the heatsink may not form a good connection with the GPU die, which is the most important thing to cool. I will see if I can find the pad placement guide for you. Also have a look at your GPU fan. There are a few different ones with varying CFM's. See if there is a Dell Part# or CFM rating on your fan.

I so, I have changed them to mostly 1mm thermal pads. 

But i see that most of the thermal pads I have changed (Vram especially) aren't  great contact with the heatsink.

For some reason I want to upload a picture of my thermal pad setup, but it won't pet me....

Edited by Crustieraxe

Did you find a thermal pad location guide? I was getting higher than optimal temps when I got my 1070 to work and then I found the placement guide over on NotebookReview and I dropped about 8-10 degrees once I got it right. I'm pretty sure it was a post from MrFox but I'll see if I can find it for you. 

9 minutes ago, MattyB said:

Did you find a thermal pad location guide? I was getting higher than optimal temps when I got my 1070 to work and then I found the placement guide over on NotebookReview and I dropped about 8-10 degrees once I got it right. I'm pretty sure it was a post from MrFox but I'll see if I can find it for you. 

Nope I never did

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Klem
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove witelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread.
    • By x86-64
      My laptop's CPU is i7 4700MQ, iGPU is GMA HD 4600, and dGPU is NVIDIA GeForce GTX860m.
      Please send me a modified BIOS(.ROM) file with GMA HD 4600 disabled among the two graphics.
      Stock BIOS Firmware : https://url.kr/kpegx5 (4MB)
    • By -GP
      I got a msi ge60 2pf Apache pro & its specs :

Processor-i7 4710MQ
      Ram-16GB 
      VGA- GTX 860M 2GB Maxwell 

Could anyone tell me the best overclock that I could use on this GPU?
      Please keep in mind that the voltage cannot be changed as this is a laptop

Thank you
    • By -GP
      Hi, My laptop is msi ge60 2pf Apache pro.

*Specs: i7 4710MQ , GTX 860M 2gb (Maxwell), 16GB RAM

Could anyone please tell me a good stable overclock for Performance improvement of gaming? (For my GPU ? - please keep in mind that it couldn’t go over +135mhz & also voltage cannot be changed its locked)

• By OnaStack100
      I have a p150sm which has a seemingly dead 780m due to a perpetual error 43 which came after a big BSOD about 6 months ago. I upgraded the laptop to a 980m and modded the inf files. The upgrade was perfectly fine for a week. One day, i left the laptop and something related to sleep or power may have caused the laptop to shut off. Since then, the laptop with the 980m won't boot. I tried many things like resetting cmos, taking out the hardware and putting it back in, and resetting bios, and buying a 230W adapter. Nothing worked. The laptop works fine with the old dead 780m in there, but now when the 980m is in there, holding the power button generates a green light flash and then the power LED goes back to orange. No sounds, maybe one tick, and that's it. What is left to try?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.