EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Sign in to follow this  
Abdkassem

MSI GT60, GTX 675m (Died), please help...

I sent my laptop (MSI GT60-0ND) to check up and the video card was confirmed dead, I learned that I can upgrade my GPU, but I can't take a step without any help. Many told me its risky and the market is tight.

http://www.compeve.com/video-cards/mobile/pny-nvidia-geforce-gtx-680m-2gb-mxm-video-card-89v00664-m

^I found this card, GTX 680M, and it looks absolutely the same one as (GTX 675M) and the slot is compatible, however due to reviews, the 680M is way faster than my previous one, if that poses any threat. If someone can check it for me and tell me whether its good or not, I'd appreciate it.

post-33931-14495001266004.thumb.jpg.87ada00391df5ec61826e1d55d4d7f15.jpg

Hello

At first You need some Eyeglasses,the GTX 680M looks different.:-)

In the Picture You can see the different Heatsinks for Nvidia Cards.

The Price for the Card is to high,for this Price You can find sometimes cheap GTX970M.

in Your GT70 You can use every NVIDIA Card up to GTX 1060.

But for the different GPU Generation You need also different Heatsinks or modified

Heatsinks.

Upgrading with the right Heatsink is normally very easy,if the Card is not from MSI You must Flash the MSI Vbios.

Edited by Bloetschkopf
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for raising my awareness on this situation, ill be providing pictures as soon as I can, and it is a GT60 not GT70, I don't know the difference though.

Thanks again!

Okay I was able to safely disassemble the laptop and took pictures of my gpu and it's heatsink.

Comb04072017090653.jpg

Looks like I'm getting another 675m, although I'm confused on whether I should buy from eBay or somewhere else.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By -GP
      I got a msi ge60 2pf Apache pro & its specs :

Processor-i7 4710MQ
      Ram-16GB 
      VGA- GTX 860M 2GB Maxwell 

Could anyone tell me the best overclock that I could use on this GPU?
      Please keep in mind that the voltage cannot be changed as this is a laptop

Thank you
    • By FlubDaBlub
      Hi all! I am wondering if it's possible to remove the bios whitelist easily. Because of the whitelist, my external gpu setup that I got recently refuses to work. If it helps at all, I know that the wifi card that used to be in the slot was the intel 8265ngw. Here's the bios link if that helps too: laptops and netbooks :: thinkpad x series laptops :: thinkpad x380 yoga :: 20lj :: 20ljs20n00 :: mp1e15eb - Lenovo Support US
      Thanks for your help!
    • By ReverseEffect
      3dMark11 Performance Preset Benchmark: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/11262792

Required items:
      1.) Lenovo u310 (I have a Core i3 - Ivy Bridge, 8GB RAM)
      2.) 65CN99WW unwhitelisted.
      3.) eGPU (I used a EVGA GTX 750 Ti from another computer I had).
      4.) EXP GDC mPCIe Edition adapter (got from eBay - banggood seller).
      5.) ATX power supply (I used a 600W PSU from another computer I had).
      6.) USB wireless.
      7.) External monitor, keyboard, and mouse.

Steps:
      1.) Obtain and install a unwhitelisted BIOS. If you are unable to obtain a unwhitelist BIOS, I think it might be possible to bypass it with Tech Inferno Fan's Setup 1.x (may need confirmation as I haven't used it myself yet.)
      2.) Shutdown computer and remove all USB devices, ethernet cables, power cables, card reader cards.
      3.) Remove mPCIe wireless card and detach antennas.

4.) Attach EXP GDC external mPCIe cable to the former wireless slot and screw down.

5.) Attach HDMI end of the mPCIe cable adapter to the EXP GDC device.

6.) Attach graphics card to the EXP GDC device (I moved my laptop off the desk and onto the side shelf to make room on the desk for the monitor/keyboard/mouse).

7.) Using the power cable adapters that came with the EXP GDC device, I hooked in my ATX power supply's 20 pin and CPU 4 pin cables. Then hooked the other end (8 pin) into the EXP GDC device. My EVGA 750 Ti also required that I use an additional PCIe power cable (6 pin) in the top of the card.

8.) Then I attached my misc devices (HDMI monitor, USB keyboard/mouse/wireless adapter), and hooked in my PSU and powered it on (below is image of final product, also moved HDMI cable out of the way).

9.) Power on your computer and let it install the standard VGA drivers and then install your drivers (I didn't have to go in the BIOS for any graphics settings, which it doesn't have anyways, nor did I have to disable iGPU in Device Manager before the card was added).

Extra Info:
      I found that most games will play on med settings with about 45 FPS with this particular card.
      BDO: Upscale on - Anti Aliasing on - SSAO off - med settings.
      Skyrim: Med-High settings.
      Fallout 4: Med settings.

(EDIT 5/19/2016) > Images added.

• By jonasmsi
      Hey i have an idea to change my old msi gx720 laptop Motherboard to one from a msi gx740 they look to have the same cutouts to screws and both laptops chassis look to be the same with outputs and that so my question is do you guys think it is possible to do it

msi gx720 motherboard – Google Søgning                    msi gx740 motherboard – Google Søgning
    • By PepoJ
      Hello there!
      I am new on the forum. I'd need some help. I own a lenovo ideacentre t540-icb g, and i would need to unlock all the options in my bios, especially overclocking and thermal configuration. I tried with both amibcp and mmtool, but i didn't succeed (Error 18).
      I wonder if you could help me or give me some advice.
      Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.