Repeating blue screen of death

Leo14

@Leo14

maybe these can help

Alienware Level 3 Engineering docs

here

How to find the Dell Top Solutions for your specific Alienware model: here.

Alienware Level 3 Articles of the Week - Feb 28

Alienware Level 3 Articles of the Week - March 8

Alienware Level 3 Articles of the Week - March 27

Got it back few hours ago, noticed right away the lighting issue I had was still there, than not even an hour of use it blue screens! -_- they replaced the MLB and Blue Tooth.

the exterior is fine though, I can't believe they sent me this piece of paper saying "The system was diagnosed and extensively tested by certified technicians to ensure the problem you experienced was corrected" because, clearly, both aren't fixed. If they would have diagnosed they would have saw the blue screens and saw that I cant change the stupid LED's. Now waiting for them to call back so I can re install windows -_- what a lovely day

Thats pretty much how every depot "repair" went with me too. -.- Except for the first one when they stole my laptop hard drive screws (wtf... luckily my friend had spare so he gave me).

@Leo14

maybe these can help

Alienware Level 3 Engineering docs

here

How to find the Dell Top Solutions for your specific Alienware model: here.

Alienware Level 3 Articles of the Week - Feb 28

Alienware Level 3 Articles of the Week - March 8

Alienware Level 3 Articles of the Week - March 27

Awesome! Thank you so much this is great to have now :D

Thats pretty much how every depot "repair" went with me too. -.- Except for the first one when they stole my laptop hard drive screws (wtf... luckily my friend had spare so he gave me).

Damn >< that sucks I'm sorry to hear. Good thing you had spare screws!

All fixed :) I couldn't be happier.. All this new hardware, reinstalled windows and it solved all my problems. And the new bios, I did have BSOD's but after I flashed to A10 haven't seen one since! mw86 you've been a HUGE help and I can't thank you enough.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I don't get this at all, I'm getting the same BSOD and before that for 10 minutes while trying to play BF3 at the airport my AlienFX starts doing weird things, changing colors, morphing, flashing red? Than I have to disable controller/enable FN+F11, and it will work. Did I forget to install something?

Yeah ok that doesn't sound good. It looks like some kind of hardware error, perhaps with the hardware responsible for lighting effects. I'd recommend *sigh*... giving them another call, especially if you can reproduce this error.

I'm sorry to say I agree with Unreal and even if you can't reproduce the error.

If you have all the .netframework installed upto 4.0 and all updates plus Alienware OSD and Command Center Installed then it should be working correct... Since it's not working sad to say but you may need more Dell support... We all know how much that sucks... I'm sorry Leo :(

• 1 month later...

Well, haven't gotten a BSOD in quite some time. Maybe 1 or 2 in the passed month or so. But I just found this and did some searching but came up empty handed, so I now turn to you guys as I'm confused, stuck, and not sure what to do from here.

" SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C22&SUBSYS_04901028&REV_05\3&11583659&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed. "

" Lexmark X422 ROOT\IMAGE\0000 This device cannot start. "

Also, only in Battlefield 3 is when my keyboard/AlienFX bugs out.. When I get close to dieing it starts flashing red, than it goes back to white if I get healed. Or it will just change colors as if it is set to. When starting the game keyboard lights go dark, trackpad stays lit though.

Had some scares when updating to the latest drivers a couple weeks ago, computer BSOD'd during update, but everything worked/performed like normal. No overclocking with the new hardware (yet?)

Hmmm lexmark printer sounds like which you could try lexmark.com for drivers. The SMbus im not sure but maybe thats one of tge drivers for the keyboard im just guessing or a media controller perhaps the touch panel buttons? Your only having thwe lights change when in BF3 and thats strange. It sounds like the feature in some games that uses the AlienFx for mood lighting in a sense. You coukd. Check your keyboard connectoon perhaps there is visually sonething you can identify and fix. The keyboard shouldnt be. Easy to remove and see if the ribbon cables are in all the way... its nice to heard bsod is much less frequent but you shouldnt be always having them forever. There shoyld be a solution.

Thank you I will look into all of that, appreciate the reply. Yeah I want to make sure there are NO MORE BSOD's ever, and to make matters worse I broke my control key today -_- snapped it at the edge into two pieces.. guess thats another reason to call em up. Annoying part is im back in Seattle till the 18th so gotta deal till than..

[MENTION=4186]Alienware-Frank_L[/MENTION] could you please go over the above thread and attempt to diagnose Leos ongoing bskd's. He is in need of assistance and it has been months he has had these troubles. Above he posted some of the dump file descriptoons. I hope you may be of assistance. I had Leo analyze the dumps with Whocrashed above. Thank you. Leo i hope there is a resolution soon. Can you post the dumps left by your most recent bsods? @Leo14

Well, I can definitely help with one issue. The flashing keyboard in BF3 is indeed the game taking control of your AlienFX, it's supposed to help with immersion, spotting incoming fire etc. It freaked me out the first time I saw it also. :D

From what I could garner from the thread this seems unlikely, but whenever someone has repeating BSOD I wonder about their boot drive. Some sandforce based SSDs have had serious BSOD issues, including my vertex 3 MI that died from it. If you are running a sandforce SSD you need to make sure you're running the latest firmware.

@Alienware-Frank_L could you please go over the above thread and attempt to diagnose Leos ongoing bskd's. He is in need of assistance and it has been months he has had these troubles. Above he posted some of the dump file descriptoons. I hope you may be of assistance. I had Leo analyze the dumps with Whocrashed above. Thank you. Leo i hope there is a resolution soon. Can you post the dumps left by your most recent bsods? @Leo14

You are awesome, I wish I could give you a medal for all the help you've given. Just so happen I meant to post em but forgot, here they are

Windows

Problem: Shut down unexpectedly

Files that help describe the problem:

052812-18189-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

View a temporary copy of these files

Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Windows

042812-26473-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Windows

042812-38235-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

Windows

042812-34647-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

Windows

050912-29016-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

Windows

052812-22510-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

Windows

051112-27237-01.dmp

sysdata.xml

WERInternalMetadata.xml

Well, I can definitely help with one issue. The flashing keyboard in BF3 is indeed the game taking control of your AlienFX, it's supposed to help with immersion, spotting incoming fire etc. It freaked me out the first time I saw it also. :D

From what I could garner from the thread this seems unlikely, but whenever someone has repeating BSOD I wonder about their boot drive. Some sandforce based SSDs have had serious BSOD issues, including my vertex 3 MI that died from it. If you are running a sandforce SSD you need to make sure you're running the latest firmware.

Hahah I was so freaked out in BF3, I checked yesterday and found out I had enable 3rd party access with AlienFX on, pretty cool! I really like it, a lot. Nice to have a reminder of my HP.

That was my first step, making sure everything was up to date..

- - - Updated - - -

post-474-14494993333389_thumb.jpgkljklkjlasdf

"Name","Severity","Description"

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\","Complex","Invalid application path."

Well an example of sandforce ssd is like my OCZ Vertex 3 drives and they are on the latest firmware. What brand of drive is it?

- - - Updated - - -

You can right click the my computer properties and it should list the drive by the WEI info

Well what about the bios i think that has to list what it is otherwise lol you can just take the bottom cover off and look lol. No probs theres no need to put yourself down.

Ok so, try this article out first.

Try to carefully Re-flash the bios if that doesn't work. Thanks

I've tried that, I'll read through through that again and check through/try it. Thank you!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so, try this article out first.

Try to carefully Re-flash the bios if that doesn't work. Thanks

I've tried that, I'll read through through that again and check through/try it. Thank you!