GT70 0ND GPU Update

teto1179

Hi everyone.

This is my first post so, please, be patient (also English isn´t my first language).

I´ve a GT70 0ND (MS-1762) with a dead GTX 675MX (2Gb), BSOD all over.
Now i´m running with the igpu (HD4000 i think).

I got another MXM GPU (wich i thought was a 675Mx with 4Gb) but it doesn´t work, Windows simply recognise it as "standard graphics device".
I don´t know how to make it work, i´ve been Reading a lot of posts but the information about notebook model/gpu/unlocked bios is really confusing.

GT70 0ND (i7 3630QM)
GTX 675MX (2Gb)
Bios versión: E1762IMS.50X

Here are pics of my actual bios, the old 675MX and the new MXM GPU.

Can you explain to me the right process to change the GPU?
I guess i have to replace the bios with an unlocked one, then flash the GPU vbios and finally find a modified drivers to install but it has been impossible so far.

Info.jpg

Thank you all and see you around.

Hi, i have updated the BIOS to the new versión (E1762IMS.51X) and now it doesn´t recognize the new card at all (it was recognized as "standard graphics device" at least.

Now it simply doesn´t appear, only the HD4000. Also, with the new bios, the fans are running full-speed all the time (i don´t know if the update was the best choice :( )

This is not from the Bios.

have You also updated the EC Firmware?

After this please reset the EC,take Battery and AC Adapter out and push nearly 10 seconds the Powerswitch.

After this restart and look what happens.

I also have this one Time with a GTX 770M in a GT70,i send it to MSI and they only install Windows new.