17" Clevo P870DM-G + [email protected] (PE4C V4.1) + Win10 [bloodhawk]

5 minutes ago, bloodhawk said:

Definitely agree.

Are you referring to peripherals taking away from TB3 bandwidth or PCIe x4? 

At least on my system in either case , I didn't have any issues with peripherals. 

But using the Core over TB3 was a different story. The TB3 HDK did not have any peripheral ports. 

Yeah, I mean over TB3.

You said before that  you noticed the performance decreasing while using peripherals on the Core.

I just wonder how significant these performance hits were and if they resulted in micro-stutter, rubber banding
or "normal" fps drops ( and to what degree ).

Is it bearable with just keyboard and mouse or does it go down a set amount when
anything is plugged in.

Edited by Splitframe

5 minutes ago, Splitframe said:

Yeah, I mean over TB3.

You said before that  you noticed the performance decreasing while using peripherals on the Core.

I just wonder how significant these performance hits were and if they resulted in micro-stutter, rubber banding
or "normal" fps drops ( and to what degree ).

Is it bearable with just keyboard and mouse or does it go down a set amount when
anything is plugged in.

When I had my Black widow and FK1 connected, there would be these spikes . That would only happen once or twice per reboot. 

The main fps drops were when either an USB device or Ethernet cable were connected to the Core. 

But it's definitely usable. Just don't connect anything that needs to do a lot of data transfer , like Ethernet / USB.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...