Latest News
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.
  • Apologies for the downtime. We had to update our backend and theme.
  • We will continue pushing updates.

Hello,

I bought a GTX 580M for a P150HM, that I sold to a friend. Now I'm testing it with my P150EM. The 580M came with Alienware VBIOS. I modified the nvdmi, to install the driver and yes, it works, but: I think, I don't have the full power. Windows Experience Index only shows 6.6; if I run Assassin's Creed IV, I have verry low FPS, Nvidia Inspecor says the temperature is just 48°C and the system's power consumption is only 110W. And Nvidia's system panel crashes...

I flashed a clevo VBIOS (VGA Bios Collection: Clevo GTX 580M 2048 MB | techPowerUp) on the card, but same results.

Have anyone here ever used a 580M in a P150EM?

Do you think, this problems will be solved in P150HM?

What is your Windows Experience Index with GTX 580M?

Thanks.

Ok, thank you for reply. So the 580 is equivalent to the 675 and I need the 675 VBIOS for EM-Series Laptops?

So in the P150HM it should work with 580M VBIOS...?

I told my friend, he can bring me the laptop so I can replace the card. I will post the results ;-)

Hmm, I tought, I already answered to this thread... Ok, I built in the card into the P150HM and it works, as expected, without any problems.

But the temperature was a bit to high in my opinion (80°C). So i glued some copper wires on the cooling and got 72°C.

See my laptop site for details: mitjastachowiak.de/sonstiges/laptopbau/verbesserungderkuehlung.html

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By GastStraus
      Hi, I started overclocking my laptop. Initially, the graphics card provided 601 MHz at core (900 mV voltage) and 1400 MHz at memory. By moddig the bios through the Kepler Tweaker, it was possible to overclock to 944 MHz at core (925 mV voltage) and 2310 MHz at memory.
      I want to reach 1 GHz by the core, but for this I need to raise the voltage. At a very high voltage, even without load, the fan will start to rustle, so I do not want to raise the voltage much.
      But there is an idiotic problem. When the temperature of 60 degrees is used, the video card discards 25 mV. This is Nvidia`s feature . In the stock, it drops from 925 to 900, now from 950 to 925. I want 950 constantly, but it's impossible to make through Kepler Tweaker. I saw reports that svl7`s BIOS mod does not have this problem, but anyway I can not download it. So may be somebody know how make right vbios mod.
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo Y50-70, Lenovo Y70-70, Lenovo Z50-70, Lenovo Z70-70.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread. Also, if you have a problem with fan pulsating/clicking on any modified bios then you can post your request in this thread.

The flashing procedure include two steps:
      1.  Flash main system bios.
      2.  Flash EC firmware.
    • By Palet97
      I would like a custom vbios in order to overclock more than 135mhz my gpu. My pc is a Rog strix gl502vt with a gtx 970m 3gb.
      Here's the bios i currently have installed.
      Thanks for the support

GM204.rom
    • By TexRex
      I cant seem to find any source to get an unlocked Vbios for my GTX 970m card. Can anyone help please? 

I want to get the most of my GPU and sadly the stock Vbios does not support too much overclocking 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.