Question about the new stuff coming out next year.

So according to the media, Nvidia is releasing the 880m which will have 8gb of ram and featuring maxwell. Is this going to be game changing? Or will the 680m still be the best for price/performance?

I know that there will always be new technology but i'd like to see everyone's opinion about this. Also is it a better idea to sell an M15x to build a desktop or upgrade it?

8GB is totally pointless at 1080p. All I can think is that the 880m will be focused on 3k or 4k laptops.

Not terribly excited about next gen unless they are on 20nm lithography which means considerable step up in performance and hopefully lower power draw and temps.

I have my m15x fully upgraded and enjoy new games on mostly very high settings. Depends if you already have an XM CPU or not, as to whether or not its worth upgrading or starting again with a desktop.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...