15" Dell XPS L502x + GTX650Ti@2Gbps+c-mPCIe2 (PE4H 2.4a) + Win7 [daver160]

There's no real updates to a eGPU kit, it's all on the hardware level so I need to buy a new eGPU kit. I currently have the PE4H v2.4, and I am planning to upgrade to the PE4L v2.1

The GPU looks good. I only have the GTX 650 Ti because it was on sale and has great mid-to-high end performance. It doesn't perform nearly as well as the higher GTX tiered GPUs, but I'm not one of those who nitpick on the framerates in every game - I don't expect min. 60fps @ 1080p in a CryEngine based game, I'm perfectly happy with 40fps @ 720p.

And yes, you will need to use Setup 1.x software, to get around the dGPU issue. Our laptops have a dGPU GT525M/540M, which you need to disable in order to make room for the eGPU. This process must be run every time you boot the machine. Hopefully you won't run into the same problems I had with allocating PCI space!

Fair enough. What to do with your old one that you shelled out $90 for though? :/

GTX 660 on desktops allows for pretty good framerates maxed out at 1080p so hopefully I can get around that level. I know it can definitely do 60 FPS+ in SC2 1080p maxed.

Okay, I'll need some help setting that up, I know I have to disable the dGPU and setup some PCI compaction or something? How would I get the eGPU on the internal screen?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having exactly the same problem here. My system cannot see the eGPU no matter what I do.

With L502x off, if I switch eGPU on (4-pin flopppy cable + 6-pin pcie cable connected): both eGPU and PSU fans are on, eGPU fan on max.

SW2 on 1-2, D1 is green and D4 is red. Switch on laptop > D4 goes off, eGPU fan stays on max.

SW2 on 1-2, D1 is green, D3 is yellow and D4 is red. Switch on laptop > D4 goes off, eGPU fan stays on max.

With eGPU off, laptop on > sleep, switch on eGPU, fan and leds same as above > resume: leds same as above but eGPU fan goes to medium.

Same behavior on Windows and Linux. In linux, lspci doesn't show anything. I've tried: susped > power on eGPU > resume; hotplug mpcie adapter etc. Nothing.

PE4L v. 2.1b from HIT, GTX 650, Seasonic G-360. Graphic card and PSU have been tested with a i7 desktop, they both work fine so it's not that. Could anyone with a working eGPU on L502x + PE4L post some details on their setup (SW* settings etc) ?

Thanks !

I may have quite similar problems as you do.

My specifications:

XPS L502X (Sandy Bridge HM67)

PE4L v2.1b PM3N

GTX 660 Ti

420w modular PSU with 2x6pin PCI-E port

These are my setup descriptions:

1. In no way could Windows device manager or eGPU Setup 1.x detects the GTX 660 Ti.

2. When I turn on my PSU, the GTX 660 Ti would run consequently but the fun of it is in very low rpm.

3. And if I turn on my laptop later, the screen is black screen, before the Dell logo is shown.

4. The eGPU fan is either in max rpm or min rpm.

5. Usually, D1 (green) and D3 (orange) light up; D4 (red), D3 and D1 light up sometimes.

Update:

Whenever I shut down my laptop, the fan of the eGPU tunes from max rpm to min rpm.

I changed mPCI-E port from WWAN to the one for WLAN, still no detection of eGPU. I guess that's either my eGPU's or PE4L's problem.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Apologies that I didn't respond to these sooner. I just didn't see them in the queue!

Fair enough. What to do with your old one that you shelled out $90 for though? :/

GTX 660 on desktops allows for pretty good framerates maxed out at 1080p so hopefully I can get around that level. I know it can definitely do 60 FPS+ in SC2 1080p maxed.

Okay, I'll need some help setting that up, I know I have to disable the dGPU and setup some PCI compaction or something? How would I get the eGPU on the internal screen?

The GTX 660 is supposedly the better bang-for-buck GPU (or maybe it was the Ti variant?), so you should be getting some very good framerates out of it for most games.

Regarding using Setup 1.x, take a look at the script that I have in my first two posts. I detail the specific lines in the startup.bat script that (1) disable the dGPU and (2) run the PCI compaction that fixes the Windows Device Manager "Error 12" issue.

To get the eGPU working on the internal screen doesn't require anything all that special: if you have successfully get the eGPU running, simply disable all external monitors - the eGPU should automatically start using the built in LCD panel. You'll know for sure that you're using the eGPU if you use something like GPU-Z to monitor the eGPU's activity while you run a quick benchmark on the internal LCD.

I may have quite similar problems as you do.

My specifications:

XPS L502X (Sandy Bridge HM67)

PE4L v2.1b PM3N

GTX 660 Ti

420w modular PSU with 2x6pin PCI-E port

These are my setup descriptions:

1. In no way could Windows device manager or eGPU Setup 1.x detects the GTX 660 Ti.

2. When I turn on my PSU, the GTX 660 Ti would run consequently but the fun of it is in very low rpm.

3. And if I turn on my laptop later, the screen is black screen, before the Dell logo is shown.

4. The eGPU fan is either in max rpm or min rpm.

5. Usually, D1 (green) and D3 (orange) light up; D4 (red), D3 and D1 light up sometimes.

Update:

Whenever I shut down my laptop, the fan of the eGPU tunes from max rpm to min rpm.

I changed mPCI-E port from WWAN to the one for WLAN, still no detection of eGPU. I guess that's either my eGPU's or PE4L's problem.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

What version of Windows are you using?

Please try the following, just to see if Windows can detect the eGPU:

1) With your XPS 15 completely turned off, plug in the PMxxxa mPCI-e adapter into the WWAN/TVTuner slot, make sure you use the screws to keep it in place

2) turn on the eGPU assembly, make sure that it's on for at least 30 seconds; doesn't have to really be 30s, but just make absolutely sure that the GPU itself is on

At this stage, what are the colours of the LEDs on the PE4L board? Are they all green? Or still the same colours as you explained in your step #5?

3) turn on the laptop, and boot into Windows regularly

4) Open Device Manager, right click on "Display adapters" and select "Scan for new hardware"

Does the eGPU show up? You should at least see it in the list of display adapters, but it should give you an error like "Error Code 12" or anything else indicating that Windows sees it, but can't use it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks for your reply!

I'm using Win8 64-bit Pro.

I bought PE4L PM060A, which seems to merge the mPCI-E adapter and PCI-E cable into one. Because it's too short, I can't reach the screw point... Hence I used tape to fix it (I'm pretty confident it's in its position).

By the way, I've seen this on the website: Dupont 2PIN Cable. What's this for? I didn't receive such...

post-12528-14494995076744_thumb.jpg

I'll try the steps you said soon. :)

What version of Windows are you using?

Please try the following, just to see if Windows can detect the eGPU:

1) With your XPS 15 completely turned off, plug in the PMxxxa mPCI-e adapter into the WWAN/TVTuner slot, make sure you use the screws to keep it in place

2) turn on the eGPU assembly, make sure that it's on for at least 30 seconds; doesn't have to really be 30s, but just make absolutely sure that the GPU itself is on

At this stage, what are the colours of the LEDs on the PE4L board? Are they all green? Or still the same colours as you explained in your step #5?

3) turn on the laptop, and boot into Windows regularly

4) Open Device Manager, right click on "Display adapters" and select "Scan for new hardware"

Does the eGPU show up? You should at least see it in the list of display adapters, but it should give you an error like "Error Code 12" or anything else indicating that Windows sees it, but can't use it.

I tried the steps you suggested. Still not working... Here's what I've done by order:

1. Laptop off; D1(green), D3(orange)&D4(red) on; eGPU fan low rpm.

2. Laptop on; D4 off; eGPU fan low rpm; no screen on, no HDD activity.

3. SW1 (on ATX power switch) 1-2 -> 2-3; D1&D3 on; no screen on, no HDD activity.

4. Restart laptop (eGPU off), laptop -> normal.

5. Laptop on; SW1 2-3 -> 1-2; eGPU fan max rpm; scan in device manager -> still no detection.

6. SW1 1-2 -> 2-3; laptop -> off; SW1 2-3 -> 1-2; D1, D3&D4 on, eGPU fan max rpm.

7. Laptop on; laptop -> normal; no detection...

I think the laptop detects sth anyhow since every time I turn on eGPU before laptop, the screen is not on. It doesn't even pass the BIOS because there's no HDD activity further on. The colours of D1, D3 and D4 are green, orange and red.

Thanks for your reply!

I'm using Win8 64-bit Pro.

I bought PE4L PM060A, which seems to merge the mPCI-E adapter and PCI-E cable into one. Because it's too short, I can't reach the screw point... Hence I used tape to fix it (I'm pretty confident it's in its position).

By the way, I've seen this on the website: Dupont 2PIN Cable. What's this for? I didn't receive such...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7167[/ATTACH]

I'll try the steps you said soon. :)

You should have received a molex to 4-pin floppy cable, like this

0126_MED.jpg

except that the smaller end should be black. This is to provide power to the PE4L PCI board from the PSU. However, since most desktop PSUs have a 4-pin floppy power cable, this extra cable isn't really necessary so you can set it aside.

I tried the steps you suggested. Still not working... Here's what I've done by order:

1. Laptop off; D1(green), D3(orange)&D4(red) on; eGPU fan low rpm.

2. Laptop on; D4 off; eGPU fan low rpm; no screen on, no HDD activity.

3. SW1 (on ATX power switch) 1-2 -> 2-3; D1&D3 on; no screen on, no HDD activity.

4. Restart laptop (eGPU off), laptop -> normal.

5. Laptop on; SW1 2-3 -> 1-2; eGPU fan max rpm; scan in device manager -> still no detection.

6. SW1 1-2 -> 2-3; laptop -> off; SW1 2-3 -> 1-2; D1, D3&D4 on, eGPU fan max rpm.

7. Laptop on; laptop -> normal; no detection...

I think the laptop detects sth anyhow since every time I turn on eGPU before laptop, the screen is not on. It doesn't even pass the BIOS because there's no HDD activity further on. The colours of D1, D3 and D4 are green, orange and red.

That the LEDs are not all green when you power on the laptop indicates that something is amiss. Just to make sure that you have the proper wiring:

- Have you got the 6-pin PCI-e power cable (or both, if the card requires) plugged into the GTX 660?

- Have you got the 4-pin floppy power cable plugged into the PE4L board?

- Have you got anything else you can use to keep the PM060a cable flat? Tape may not work because the mPCI-e port may be forcing the PM060a card to try to stand up, and so the pins might not be making full contact

- Have you tried both the GPU and PSU in a separate desktop system to make sure that neither are faulty to begin with?

That the LEDs are not all green when you power on the laptop indicates that something is amiss. Just to make sure that you have the proper wiring:

- Have you got the 6-pin PCI-e power cable (or both, if the card requires) plugged into the GTX 660?

- Have you got the 4-pin floppy power cable plugged into the PE4L board?

- Have you got anything else you can use to keep the PM060a cable flat? Tape may not work because the mPCI-e port may be forcing the PM060a card to try to stand up, and so the pins might not be making full contact

- Have you tried both the GPU and PSU in a separate desktop system to make sure that neither are faulty to begin with?

I have my 2 6-pin PCI-E cables connected to the GTX 660Ti (actually 1 should be enough); I believe everything else is well connected. I tried fixing the PM060A cable in its position by pressing it myself, which didn't help... A weird thing is after I changed to another 4-pin floppy power cable, my laptop would start up normally even if my eGPU was on at first place (or maybe that's just coincidence). Still, my laptop just didn't detect the eGPU. Probably I'll have my PSU and GPU tested on desktop in a few days although I don't really think there's any thing wrong with the power.

I also found D1 and D3 refer to 'power' and 'detect' respectively. So is my power supplied sufficient (D1 green) and PCI-E x1 detection false (D3 orange)? If so, does it mean my PSU works just fine?

Thanks!

I have my 2 6-pin PCI-E cables connected to the GTX 660Ti (actually 1 should be enough); I believe everything else is well connected. I tried fixing the PM060A cable in its position by pressing it myself, which didn't help... A weird thing is after I changed to another 4-pin floppy power cable, my laptop would start up normally even if my eGPU was on at first place (or maybe that's just coincidence). Still, my laptop just didn't detect the eGPU. Probably I'll have my PSU and GPU tested on desktop in a few days although I don't really think there's any thing wrong with the power.

I also found D1 and D3 refer to 'power' and 'detect' respectively. So is my power supplied sufficient (D1 green) and PCI-E x1 detection false (D3 orange)? If so, does it mean my PSU works just fine?

Thanks!

Well you said that D1 is always green, so you have enough power. If D3 is orange, it might mean that it's not being detected. What happens after you try running Setup 1.x? It's possible that it's still orange because you haven't disabled the dGPU yet? I don't know how the eGPU works in Windows 8 as I simply don't have experience with it. My understanding, t hough, is that you still need to disable the dGPU even with Windows 8?

If you're getting power, then clearly the PSU is fine. If you're not getting detected, then it's something between the GPU and the eGPU assembly. It might just be that the eGPU isn't being used because the PCI space is currently looking for and using the dGPU

After I ran Setup 1.x (I use USB disk to launch it), it said eGPU is not detected, and said sth about setting 7/15s video card delay time... And if I click turn dGPU off, after reboot, the dGPU is still shown in device manager. So I manually disabled and uninstalled dGPU in device manager, shut down, turned on eGPU, and last turned on laptop, black screen as usual. I wonder what issue would make the laptop black screen/no screen on even before passing BIOS? Besides, I'd surely check my eGPU on a desktop soon.

After I ran Setup 1.x (I use USB disk to launch it), it said eGPU is not detected, and said sth about setting 7/15s video card delay time... And if I click turn dGPU off, after reboot, the dGPU is still shown in device manager. So I manually disabled and uninstalled dGPU in device manager, shut down, turned on eGPU, and last turned on laptop, black screen as usual. I wonder what issue would make the laptop black screen/no screen on even before passing BIOS? Besides, I'd surely check my eGPU on a desktop soon.

Setup 1.x doesn't permanently disable the dGPU, it only disables it for that "session" in that the dGPU will only be disabled until you reboot/shut down. Then on next boot the dGPU will turn back on.

In this case, please try the following, to see if you can get the eGPU to be detected:

- turn off everything: laptop, eGPU, even eGPU's power supply (physical switch on PSU)

- turn on eGPU's power supply, make sure that you get the LEDs showing on the PE4L board

- turn on eGPU assembly (using SWEX board)

- wait about 1 minute (to make sure that the eGPU assembly is fully powered on)

- turn on laptop

- boot up into Setup 1.x in menu mode

- wait another 1 minute after booting up into Setup 1.x menu mode

- hit F5 to refresh the device list

Does Setup 1.x detect the eGPU after waiting? For me, it normally takes about 10-15 seconds from turning on the eGPU to when Setup 1.x detects my eGPU. Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but this is normal for me.

If Setup 1.x still does not detect your eGPU, it might be that the PM060a adapter is not properly seated?

Setup 1.x doesn't permanently disable the dGPU, it only disables it for that "session" in that the dGPU will only be disabled until you reboot/shut down. Then on next boot the dGPU will turn back on.

In this case, please try the following, to see if you can get the eGPU to be detected:

- turn off everything: laptop, eGPU, even eGPU's power supply (physical switch on PSU)

- turn on eGPU's power supply, make sure that you get the LEDs showing on the PE4L board

- turn on eGPU assembly (using SWEX board)

- wait about 1 minute (to make sure that the eGPU assembly is fully powered on)

- turn on laptop

- boot up into Setup 1.x in menu mode

- wait another 1 minute after booting up into Setup 1.x menu mode

- hit F5 to refresh the device list

Does Setup 1.x detect the eGPU after waiting? For me, it normally takes about 10-15 seconds from turning on the eGPU to when Setup 1.x detects my eGPU. Sometimes it takes a bit longer, but this is normal for me.

If Setup 1.x still does not detect your eGPU, it might be that the PM060a adapter is not properly seated?

Hello,

I went to my friend's recently, tested it on both a laptop and a desktop. We concluded it's the problem of the PE4L board.

I've tried your suggestions, but Setup 1.x couldn't detect my eGPU at all.

Then I tested my eGPU setup on my friend's laptop. The laptop started up normally, but got blue screen every time when logging into Win 7. Then we tested the GPU on the desktop, everything was just fine with it. Thinking it's the problem of the PE4L board, we plugged in a Radeon HD6850 (connected to an external LCD meanwhile). The laptop started up with screen on, but eLCD's screen off and the laptop stuck when loading Win 7. Finally, we changed the original 420W PSU to a 750W PSU. The PSU wouldn't even power up (might because of a protection scheme).

Therefore we believed it's the problem of PE4L board.

Hey guys, got everything setup but I get error 12. I don't really understand what I do in setup 1.x to compact it, do I select 32bitA then run it on the eGPU? Otherwise how did you fix this? Thanks.

I have the same problem mrbauer did, I have tried what he was doing and I still have the issue. I think I need to fix that Tech Inferno Fan helped him with via PM, could you please let me know how you did it?

Hey guys, got everything setup but I get error 12. I don't really understand what I do in setup 1.x to compact it, do I select 32bitA then run it on the eGPU? Otherwise how did you fix this? Thanks.

I have the same problem mrbauer did, I have tried what he was doing and I still have the issue. I think I need to fix that Tech Inferno Fan helped him with via PM, could you please let me know how you did it?

Hi Muswolf,

As you already know, Error 12 basically means Windows detects the eGPU, but it's unable to use it due to limited PCI space. Despite being an error, it's a good sign, more or less.

In my case, I couldn't get the eGPU to work using Setup 1.x's default dGPU disable + PCI compaction actions. Instead, I had to manually configure my startup.bat script, as per the section "Troubleshooting My Setup 1.x startup.bat" (page 1, post #2). Don't forget to follow the steps in "3. Running Setup 1.x"; here I explained how to boot up Setup 1.x and what commands to run in order to get Setup 1.x to disable the dGPU and run the PCI compaction.

Basically, the total of events I had to take to get the eGPU to work is:

- assemble eGPU kit

- boot into Setup 1.x

- configure Setup 1.x for disable dGPU, PCI compaction, and chainload

- boot into Windows normally (no eGPU!)

- in mounted eGPU drive (usually V:\), edit the startup.bat file in text editor; modify the "call iport dGPU off" line to instead say "setpci -s 1:0.0 COMMAND=0:7 10.l=0,0,0,0,0,0 -s 0:1.0 b0.w=10:10 19.b=0,0 3E.w=0:8 COMMAND=0:7 20.l=0,0

call iportbus force"

- reboot Windows, boot up into Setup 1.x

That's the gist of it, of course you'll ahve to run some trial and error to determine where things are going wrong, but it sounds like you're having the same issue as I had: either the PCI compaction or the disable dGPU commands are causing you trouble.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hi Muswolf,

As you already know, Error 12 basically means Windows detects the eGPU, but it's unable to use it due to limited PCI space. Despite being an error, it's a good sign, more or less.

In my case, I couldn't get the eGPU to work using Setup 1.x's default dGPU disable + PCI compaction actions. Instead, I had to manually configure my startup.bat script, as per the section "Troubleshooting My Setup 1.x startup.bat" (page 1, post #2). Don't forget to follow the steps in "3. Running Setup 1.x"; here I explained how to boot up Setup 1.x and what commands to run in order to get Setup 1.x to disable the dGPU and run the PCI compaction.

Basically, the total of events I had to take to get the eGPU to work is:

- assemble eGPU kit

- boot into Setup 1.x

- configure Setup 1.x for disable dGPU, PCI compaction, and chainload

- boot into Windows normally (no eGPU!)

- in mounted eGPU drive (usually V:\), edit the startup.bat file in text editor; modify the "call iport dGPU off" line to instead say "setpci -s 1:0.0 COMMAND=0:7 10.l=0,0,0,0,0,0 -s 0:1.0 b0.w=10:10 19.b=0,0 3E.w=0:8 COMMAND=0:7 20.l=0,0

call iportbus force"

- reboot Windows, boot up into Setup 1.x

That's the gist of it, of course you'll ahve to run some trial and error to determine where things are going wrong, but it sounds like you're having the same issue as I had: either the PCI compaction or the disable dGPU commands are causing you trouble.

I don't have a problem disabling the dGPU and I have tried pretty much everything you guys have said on this thread. I'll give what you just said a go now and tell you how it goes, thanks for replying! :)

When compacting do I pick 32/A or 36 bit? I know Windows puts it to 32.

UPDATE: No luck. However there is something wrong with the compacting process which is where I think the problem lies, have a look at what happens when I run the startup.bat:

post-12215-1449499512346_thumb.jpg Any ideas what to do about this?

Here is what my pci.bat looks like:

REM r:/core/compact.exe pciend F8000000 useonly 10de:11c0 10de:0e0b import devcon.txt makebatch R:\config\pci.bat

REM created Tue May 7 19:49:52 2013

echo Performing PCI write (compact@Tue May 7 19:49:52 2013)

@echo -s 2:0.0 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_1=d800000c BASE_ADDRESS_2=0 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_3=d600000c BASE_ADDRESS_4=0 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_0=f7000000 > setpci.arg

@echo -s 2:0.1 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_0=f6ffc000 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1.0 MEMORY_BASE=fff0 MEMORY_LIMIT=0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.0 MEMORY_BASE=f6f0 MEMORY_LIMIT=f7f0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=d601 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=dff1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.1 MEMORY_BASE=f1b0 MEMORY_LIMIT=f1b0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.3 MEMORY_BASE=f1a0 MEMORY_LIMIT=f1a0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.4 MEMORY_BASE=f190 MEMORY_LIMIT=f190 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.5 MEMORY_BASE=fff0 MEMORY_LIMIT=0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=f181 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=f181 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 2:0.0 COMMAND=0 COMMAND=0 COMMAND=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 2:0.1 COMMAND=0 >> setpci.arg

setpci @setpci.arg

set pci_written=yes

And my startup.bat:

call speedup lbacache

call iportbus force

call iport g2 1

call vidwait 60 10de:11c0

call vidinit -d 10de:11c0

setpci -s 1:0.0 COMMAND=0:7 10.l=0,0,0,0,0,0 -s 0:1.0 b0.w=10:10 19.b=0,0 3E.w=0:8 COMMAND=0:7 20.l=0,0

call

call pci

call grub4dos mbr

And to show you it is recognised and dGPU is disabled:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/707/capturejys.png/

UPDATE 2:

After messing around with startup.bat, changing the ports as I think my eGPU is on port 2 so it looks like this:

call speedup lbacache

call iportbus force

call iport g2 1

call pci

setpci -s 2:0.0 COMMAND=0:7 10.l=0,0,0,0,0,0 -s 0:1c.0 b0.w=20:20 19.b=0,0 3E.w=0:8 COMMAND=0:7 20.l=0,0

call grub4dos mbr

And it runs like this: post-12215-14494995123787_thumb.jpg So no problems with the compacting I think.

I booted up windows to find all 3 GPU's, error 12 on eGPU so I disabled dGPU and eGPU apparently is working but no driver. post-12215-14494995124045_thumb.png

Think I need to go back and disable dGPU.

UPDATE 3: Still no luck. The compacting keeps failing. I must be selecting the wrong ports. Here is the PCI tree: post-12215-14494995124176_thumb.jpg It shows it on [02] as 11c0.

Try moving the "setpci -s..." to the very top of your startup.bat file.

Basically, this is what your startup.bat file is doing:

call speedup lbacache- cache the file so that you don't have to read it each time. completely harmless

call iportbus force- force detection of the eGPU port (I think, I can't remember 100%)

call iport g2 1- read the device as a PCI-E 2.0 device. this won't work very well since the PE4H 2.4 doesn't do PCI-E 2.0. The "g2 1" stands for "generation 2 on port 1".

call vidwait 60 10de:11c0- wait for up to 60 seconds to detect the eGPU at the specified address

call vidinit -d 10de:11c0 - start up the eGPU

call pci- run everything in teh pci.bat script

setpci -s 2:0.0 COMMAND=0:7 10.l=0,0,0,0,0,0 -s 0:1c.0 b0.w=20:20 19.b=0,0 3E.w=0:8 COMMAND=0:7 20.l=0,0 - a very detailed way of saying "call iport dGPU off"

call grub4dos mbr- chainloading instructions

Your script above is disabling the dGPU last, so that's why the PCI compaction is failing - you're trying to compact the PCI space while both eGPU and dGPU are "on". By moving the "setpci -s" line to the top, you're disabling your dGPU before PCI compaction runs. This *should* help, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Also, if your PM3N card is plugged into the TV/WWAN slot, then port 1 should be fine (at least that's what I'm doing).

For quick rundown on what the commands in the Setup 1.x interface are, checking out Nando's site here DIY eGPU Setup 1.x Help

• Thumbs Up 1

Try moving the "setpci -s..." to the very top of your startup.bat file.

Basically, this is what your startup.bat file is doing:

call speedup lbacache- cache the file so that you don't have to read it each time. completely harmless

call iportbus force- force detection of the eGPU port (I think, I can't remember 100%)

call iport g2 1- read the device as a PCI-E 2.0 device. this won't work very well since the PE4H 2.4 doesn't do PCI-E 2.0. The "g2 1" stands for "generation 2 on port 1".

call vidwait 60 10de:11c0- wait for up to 60 seconds to detect the eGPU at the specified address

call vidinit -d 10de:11c0 - start up the eGPU

call pci- run everything in teh pci.bat script

setpci -s 2:0.0 COMMAND=0:7 10.l=0,0,0,0,0,0 -s 0:1c.0 b0.w=20:20 19.b=0,0 3E.w=0:8 COMMAND=0:7 20.l=0,0 - a very detailed way of saying "call iport dGPU off"

call grub4dos mbr- chainloading instructions

Your script above is disabling the dGPU last, so that's why the PCI compaction is failing - you're trying to compact the PCI space while both eGPU and dGPU are "on". By moving the "setpci -s" line to the top, you're disabling your dGPU before PCI compaction runs. This *should* help, I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Also, if your PM3N card is plugged into the TV/WWAN slot, then port 1 should be fine (at least that's what I'm doing).

For quick rundown on what the commands in the Setup 1.x interface are, checking out Nando's site here DIY eGPU Setup 1.x Help

Okay thanks I'll switch it up.

I'm using PE4L v2.1b so it is Gen2! :D

Mine is in the TV Tuner slot as it is very awkward in the WLAN slot. :) I'll update with how it goes.

EDIT: Still no luck. Either it works then I get error 12 or it doesn't work due to incorrect ports.

EDIT 2: By incorrect ports I mean stuff like this:

post-12215-14494995124603_thumb.jpg And "bad command set pci..." etc...

Really stuck with this. Desperately trying to get it to work. :( I think I've established the dGPU is on port 1 and eGPU is on port 2.

bump. Still need help with this. :(

T10. Even after successful 32-bit compaction I still get a error 12 in Windows

The first thing to try is 32bitA compaction and see if that resolves it. If not, then what has been discovered happening is the I/O port allocated by compact gets moved by Win7. The I/O port allocated is shown as the last two echo lines in pci.bat such as:

1. @echo -s 2:0.0 BASE_ADDRESS_5=2001 >> setpci.arg
    @echo -s 0:1c.1 1c.b=20 1d.b=20 >> setpci.arg

The 0:1c.1 refers to pci-e port2 and the 2:0.0 refers to the PCI ID my GTX460 has. The 20 and 2001 means assign the port and GTX460 to use I/O port 0x2000-20FF. On this particular system, Win7 moves the pci-e express port2's I/O space to 0xD000-DFFF port instead which is odd so the GTX460 flags an error 12 since it can't get 0x2000-20ff.

So the workaround is to change the 20 to be D0 and let Win7 have it's way. This can be done by adding two additional lines between your 'call pci' and 'call grub4dos' to override compact's allocation. This setting will override any further re-runs of compaction as well.

1. setpci -s 2:0.0 BASE_ADDRESS_5=d001
    setpci -s 0:1c.1 1c.b=d0 1d.b=d0

From this I think I can fix my problem, but my pci.bat looks like this:

REM r:/core/compact.exe pciend F8000000 useonly 10de:11c0 10de:0e0b import devcon.txt makebatch R:\config\pci.bat

REM created Wed May 8 12:25:55 2013

echo Performing PCI write (compact@Wed May 8 12:25:55 2013)

@echo -s 2:0.0 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_1=d800000c BASE_ADDRESS_2=0 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_3=d600000c BASE_ADDRESS_4=0 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_0=f7000000 > setpci.arg

@echo -s 2:0.1 COMMAND=0 BASE_ADDRESS_0=f6ffc000 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1.0 MEMORY_BASE=fff0 MEMORY_LIMIT=0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.0 MEMORY_BASE=f6f0 MEMORY_LIMIT=f7f0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=d601 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=dff1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.1 MEMORY_BASE=f1b0 MEMORY_LIMIT=f1b0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.3 MEMORY_BASE=f1a0 MEMORY_LIMIT=f1a0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.4 MEMORY_BASE=f190 MEMORY_LIMIT=f190 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=fff1 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=1 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 0:1c.5 MEMORY_BASE=fff0 MEMORY_LIMIT=0 PREF_MEMORY_BASE=f181 PREF_BASE_UPPER32=0 PREF_MEMORY_LIMIT=f181 PREF_LIMIT_UPPER32=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 2:0.0 COMMAND=0 COMMAND=0 COMMAND=0 >> setpci.arg

@echo -s 2:0.1 COMMAND=0 >> setpci.arg

setpci @setpci.arg

set pci_written=yes

So I can't see anything that matches what Nando did. :(

Another update:

So with this as my startup.bat:

call iportbus force

call iport g2 1

call pci

setpci -s 1:0.0 COMMAND=0:7 10.l=0,0,0,0,0,0 -s 0:1.0 b0.w=10:10 19.b=0,0 3E.w=0:8 COMMAND=0:7 20.l=0,0

setpci -s 0:1c.1 1c.w=20,20

setpci -s 0:1c.1 1c.b=d0 1d.b=d0

call grub4dos mbr

I know it is compacting first, I always set it to compact after but it always changes.

I can successfully disable dGPU, then I manually compact the eGPU / eGPU + iGPU afterwards and it completes successfully. Even then I still get error 12. It's just really dodgy.

Another update:

After switching from 6GB to 2GB of RAM it still isn't working. So I think I am failing to compact it right.

More updates:

I think I have successfully done a DSDT override following Nando's instruction for Win8, I now have a Large Memory resource in Device Manager, shown here: post-12215-14494995125069_thumb.png

Messing around with the compactions now to see if I can get it to work! Still getting error 12 atm.

I've got it into the 36 bit space and it still says error 12! :(post-12215-1449499512522_thumb.png

This is getting frustrating now, could someone please help me!? I've spent the past 2 days on this.

Here is a snapshot of what I feel are the important bits of my diagnostics data, feel free to request the whole thing:

[diag] eGPU Setup 1.10b5 @05/08/2013 20:16:21 ÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍÍ

Running **ichip**

[ichip] (detected) c_name=HM67 c_gen=2 c_port=8 c_tolud=2.99GB c_pciex=f8000000

where:

c_name = I/O chipset detected

c_gen = 1 or 2, indicating pci-e 1.0 or 2.0 specced x1 ports

c_port = max number of Intel x1 pci-e ports

c_tolud= start of PCI address

c_pciex= address for pci-e extended configuration space

Running **iport scan**

[email protected] 10de:[email protected] (NVidia)

[email protected] 8086:[email protected] (Intel)

[email protected] 1033:[email protected] (NEC)

[email protected] 197b:[email protected] (Jmicrn)

[email protected] 10ec:[email protected] (RealTK)

ÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄÄ

Running **analyze**

set iGPU=8086:0116

set eGPU=10de:11c0

set port=0

set gfx32_win=0

set vid_bars=1

Exit code: 0

Running **pt PCI map**

PCI bios found, version 03.00, last bus # 1f

codes:

n\p: (not) prefetchable, r\R: ROM ((dis\EN)abled), i: IO space

start end c bus device fun bar venid devid classcode

00000000 0000007f i 01 00 0 5 10de 11c0 030000 display

00000002 00000003 i 00 02 0 3 8086 0116 030000 display

00002000 000020ff i 05 00 0 0 10ec 8168 020000 network

00004000 ffff403f i 00 02 0 4 8086 0116 030000 display

00004060 ffff407f i 00 1f 2 4 8086 1c03 010601 mass storage

00004080 ffff4087 i 00 1f 2 2 8086 1c03 010601 mass storage

00004088 ffff408f i 00 1f 2 0 8086 1c03 010601 mass storage

00004090 ffff4093 i 00 1f 2 3 8086 1c03 010601 mass storage

00004094 ffff4097 i 00 1f 2 1 8086 1c03 010601 mass storage

0000efa0 ffffefbf i 00 1f 3 4 8086 1c22 0c0500 serial bus

00000000 0000000f n 00 02 0 1 8086 0116 030000 display

00000000 0fffffff p 00 02 0 2 8086 0116 030000 display

00000000 0000000f n 00 16 0 1 8086 1c3a 078000 simple comm

00000000 0000000f n 00 1b 0 1 8086 1c20 040300 multimedia

00000000 0000000f n 00 1f 3 1 8086 1c22 0c0500 serial bus

00000000 0000000f n 01 00 0 2 10de 11c0 030000 display

00000000 0000000f n 01 00 0 4 10de 11c0 030000 display

00000000 0007ffff r 01 00 0 8 10de 11c0 030000 display

00000000 0000000f n 02 00 0 1 8086 0083 028000 network

00000000 0000000f n 03 00 0 1 1033 0194 0c0330 serial bus

00000000 0000000f n 05 00 0 3 10ec 8168 020000 network

00000000 0000000f n 05 00 0 5 10ec 8168 020000 network

f1800000 f1803fff p 05 00 0 4 10ec 8168 020000 network

f1804000 f1804fff p 05 00 0 2 10ec 8168 020000 network

f1900000 f19000ff n 04 00 4 0 197b 2394 088000 base sys periph

f1901000 f19010ff n 04 00 3 0 197b 2393 088000 base sys periph

f1902000 f19020ff n 04 00 2 0 197b 2391 080501 base sys periph

f1903000 f19030ff n 04 00 0 0 197b 2392 088000 base sys periph

f1a00000 f1a01fff n 03 00 0 0 1033 0194 0c0330 serial bus

f1b00000 f1b01fff n 02 00 0 0 8086 0083 028000 network

f1c00000 f1c03fff n 00 1b 0 0 8086 1c20 040300 multimedia

f1c04000 f1c040ff n 00 1f 3 0 8086 1c22 0c0500 serial bus

f1c05000 f1c0500f n 00 16 0 0 8086 1c3a 078000 simple comm

f1c08000 f1c087ff n 00 1f 2 5 8086 1c03 010601 mass storage

f1c09000 f1c093ff n 00 1d 0 0 8086 1c26 0c0320 serial bus

f1c0a000 f1c0a3ff n 00 1a 0 0 8086 1c2d 0c0320 serial bus

f6000000 f7ffffff p 01 00 0 3 10de 11c0 030000 display

f8000000 ffffffff p 01 00 0 1 10de 11c0 030000 display

fcc00000 fcffffff n 00 02 0 0 8086 0116 030000 display

fd000000 fdffffff n 01 00 0 0 10de 11c0 030000 display

febfc000 febfffff n 01 00 1 0 10de 0e0b 040300 multimedia

Running **lspci -tv**

-[0000:00]-+-00.0 Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller

+-01.0-[00]--

+-02.0 Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller

+-16.0 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1

+-1a.0 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #2

+-1b.0 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller

+-1c.0-[01]--+-00.0 NVIDIA Corporation Device 11c0

| \-00.1 NVIDIA Corporation Device 0e0b

+-1c.1-[02]----00.0 Intel Corporation Centrino Wireless-N 1000

+-1c.3-[03]----00.0 NEC Corporation uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller

+-1c.4-[04]--+-00.0 JMicron Technology Corp. SD/MMC Host Controller

| +-00.2 JMicron Technology Corp. Standard SD Host Controller

| +-00.3 JMicron Technology Corp. MS Host Controller

| \-00.4 JMicron Technology Corp. xD Host Controller

+-1c.5-[05]----00.0 Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168B PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller

+-1d.0 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller #1

+-1f.0 Intel Corporation HM67 Express Chipset Family LPC Controller

+-1f.2 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family 6 port SATA AHCI Controller

\-1f.3 Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller

Running **lspci -tv -n**

-[0000:00]-+-00.0 8086:0104

+-01.0-[00]--

+-02.0 8086:0116

+-16.0 8086:1c3a

+-1a.0 8086:1c2d

+-1b.0 8086:1c20

+-1c.0-[01]--+-00.0 10de:11c0

| \-00.1 10de:0e0b

+-1c.1-[02]----00.0 8086:0083

+-1c.3-[03]----00.0 1033:0194

+-1c.4-[04]--+-00.0 197b:2392

| +-00.2 197b:2391

| +-00.3 197b:2393

| \-00.4 197b:2394

+-1c.5-[05]----00.0 10ec:8168

+-1d.0 8086:1c26

+-1f.0 8086:1c4b

+-1f.2 8086:1c03

\-1f.3 8086:1c22

From this I take it the eGPU is on port 1?

When compacting I get a solution but with errors. It says stuff like

error - bridge (bus=0) window 1: .... etc overlaps etc

where in place of etc there are memory signatures that are overlapping/prohibited, how do I fix this?

Another update:

After 2 days of tinkering with this and getting no luck I am getting really annoyed. Setup 1.x is acting spontaneously sometimes working sometimes not; and for some reason the diagnostics showed the eGPU in port 1, I went on it just now and its back to port 2... I've tried all the things on the FAQ and I am met with issues like chain loading to the motherboard leaving me with a GRUB menu which I can only reboot from. The eGPU itself works selectively, as with Daver and MrBaeur if I turn on the laptop with eGPU on I get a black screen and hear activity. Otherwise it selectively decides whether it wants to be detected or not, I can tell because fans will run at 100% or very low.

I really want to get this fixed, if someone like Nando, Daver or MrBaeur could reply that would be great, thanks.

Another update:

When compacting I always get errors or no solution no matter what method/combination I pick. To fix this ill put in the -s pci etc as said on the FAQ. But when I do this I get "bad command setpci" or "no devices selected for command=0" etc. my pci.bat looks nothing like everyone else's but I don't know why. So as I said above I can't apply the next fix.

Yet another update:

Booting into Windows without Setup 1.x, I can hot plug the eGPU from sleep mode, it says it has no driver so I run the driver setup and it gets stuck on "Installing graphics driver" about 1/4 of the way through. :(

Bump. Still need help! :(

Oh wow I didn't see any of your updates, since the post count didn't change the forum didn't mark this as having any new posts.

OK, about your PCI compaction, I had the weird issue with the startup.bat script automatically re-arranging lines regardless of what order you might manually create. This is why I said that you should edit the startup.bat script in Windows, and then leave it alone. OTherwise Setup 1.x will override the order you manually set.

I'm writing to let you know that I've read all our updates, and I'm writing up a lengthy response, so it'll take a while to get this thing up. Just know that I *am* replying, it's just going to take a little moment to type it all out.

OK, let's try doing this all again from scratch.

1. Boot up into Windows normally, don't run Setup 1.x at all

2. After Windows boots up, go to your Setup 1.x mounted drive, usually it's V:\ labeled DIYEGPUIMG

3. Go to the config folder, and backup your startup.bat file somewhere (or just rename its extention to .bak)

4. Open up startup.bat in a text editor, paste in the following content replacing everything and save the file:

call speedup lbacache

call iportbus force

call iport g1 1

call vidwait 60 10de:11c6

call vidinit -d 10de:11c6

call pci

call chainload mbr

5. Now backup your pci.bat file, and then open the original one with a text editor. Paste the following script into it, replacing everything and save the file:

:: Southbridge port1

@echo -s 0:1c.0 1c.w=3030 20.l=f101f000 24.l=d1f1c001 > setpci.arg

:: The NVidia GTX650Ti

@echo -s 2:0.0 24.w=3030 10.l=F000000 14.l=C00000C 1C.l=D000000C >> setpci.arg

setpci @setpci.arg

set pci_written=yes

6. Reboot the machine, and boot up into Setup 1.x

7. Do not try to compact the PCI space or disable the dGPU

8. From the main menu just go to Apply config > run startup.bat

9. Then back in the main menu, go to Chainloader > Chainload MBR. You should get a warning for something about booting up without completing the Setup 1.x procedure, or something like that. Just say "OK" to it and restart.

10. Boot into Windows after chainloading

After doing all of this, do you still get an Error 12 in your Device Manager?

These are all steps I just re-created on my own machine. This is precisely what I did to get my eGPU working.

I'm not 100% certain that this will work for you, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Assuming you have a L502x just like mine (which it looks like you do), this ought to work for you. That said, The second line in my pci.bat script might not work simply because this is customized to my GTX 650 Ti, though the addresses should work fine since it's just the address space.

• Thumbs Up 1

OK, let's try doing this all again from scratch.

1. Boot up into Windows normally, don't run Setup 1.x at all

2. After Windows boots up, go to your Setup 1.x mounted drive, usually it's V:\ labeled DIYEGPUIMG

3. Go to the config folder, and backup your startup.bat file somewhere (or just rename its extention to .bak)

4. Open up startup.bat in a text editor, paste in the following content replacing everything and save the file:

call speedup lbacache

call iportbus force

call iport g1 1

call vidwait 60 10de:11c6

call vidinit -d 10de:11c6

call pci

call chainload mbr

5. Now backup your pci.bat file, and then open the original one with a text editor. Paste the following script into it, replacing everything and save the file:

:: Southbridge port1

@echo -s 0:1c.0 1c.w=3030 20.l=f101f000 24.l=d1f1c001 > setpci.arg

:: The NVidia GTX650Ti

@echo -s 2:0.0 24.w=3030 10.l=F000000 14.l=C00000C 1C.l=D000000C >> setpci.arg

setpci @setpci.arg

set pci_written=yes

6. Reboot the machine, and boot up into Setup 1.x

7. Do not try to compact the PCI space or disable the dGPU

8. From the main menu just go to Apply config > run startup.bat

9. Then back in the main menu, go to Chainloader > Chainload MBR. You should get a warning for something about booting up without completing the Setup 1.x procedure, or something like that. Just say "OK" to it and restart.

10. Boot into Windows after chainloading

After doing all of this, do you still get an Error 12 in your Device Manager?

These are all steps I just re-created on my own machine. This is precisely what I did to get my eGPU working.

I'm not 100% certain that this will work for you, but I don't see why it wouldn't. Assuming you have a L502x just like mine (which it looks like you do), this ought to work for you. That said, The second line in my pci.bat script might not work simply because this is customized to my GTX 650 Ti, though the addresses should work fine since it's just the address space.

... Well. Have a look: post-12215-14494995171535_thumb.png

All I have to say is thank you SO much for helping me! I don't know what to say I've been so frustrated with it, and it works just like that. :o Again, thank you so much for your time I'm sorry for pestering you guys so much! Now, lets see how it runs. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

:D:D:D

Don't worry, I was frustrated beyond belief as well when I couldn't figure out why the "call iport dGPU off" script wasn't working. Disabling my dGPU within Setup 1.x always failed and froze my machine.

After much work and patience through the guru we know as Nando, I was finally up and running.

One thing to note is that you should *not* try to run any kind of PCI space compaction or any other kind of commands within Setup 1.x. I found that doing so will re-arrange the lines in the startup.bat and pci.bat scripts, and cause you to have troubles again. However, if that's the case, just copy and paste the *.bat file contents again :)

In the meantime, if things are up and running, I would keep a backup of the working startup.bat and pci.bat files just for easy "repair" in case the scripts get modified by Setup 1.x.

As well, this isn't necessary but good practice, do some heavy benchmarks to test your eGPU's stability. I had a bit of trouble with it the first time, giving me BSODs because the driver was somehow at fault. Re-installing the driver worked for me.

Finally, if you could, please run some benchmarks and let us know how your L502x works! (Resident Evil 5, 3DMark 2006, 2011 and Vantage, etc.)

• Thumbs Up 1

:D:D:D

Don't worry, I was frustrated beyond belief as well when I couldn't figure out why the "call iport dGPU off" script wasn't working. Disabling my dGPU within Setup 1.x always failed and froze my machine.

After much work and patience through the guru we know as Nando, I was finally up and running.

One thing to note is that you should *not* try to run any kind of PCI space compaction or any other kind of commands within Setup 1.x. I found that doing so will re-arrange the lines in the startup.bat and pci.bat scripts, and cause you to have troubles again. However, if that's the case, just copy and paste the *.bat file contents again :)

In the meantime, if things are up and running, I would keep a backup of the working startup.bat and pci.bat files just for easy "repair" in case the scripts get modified by Setup 1.x.

As well, this isn't necessary but good practice, do some heavy benchmarks to test your eGPU's stability. I had a bit of trouble with it the first time, giving me BSODs because the driver was somehow at fault. Re-installing the driver worked for me.

Finally, if you could, please run some benchmarks and let us know how your L502x works! (Resident Evil 5, 3DMark 2006, 2011 and Vantage, etc.)

Will do. :)

Yeah it doesn't like to be overclocked much and can be unstable. Generation 2 speeds are quite nice. I've seen articles where people OC the 660 to the point where it surpasses the 660Ti in performance so I was hoping I could get to that amount but it appears not.

I may reinstall the drivers and see if that helps.

I will do indeed! Thanks again. :)

Glad to have helped :)

I think with Gen2 speeds and 1.2Opt you'll be able to get some really good performance out of your 660, though I don't know about getting 660 Ti speeds from overclocking. Hopefully you'll be able to get there though, just don't forget to increase the base voltage if you do overclock, lots of people forget to do that and end up with an unstable system!

=====================

On an unrelated note, I am selling my PE4H! So if anybody is reading this thread and is looking for a cheap PE4H+PM3N kit (sorry, GPU and PSU are *not* included!) please send me a PM and we'll work something out! I've listd $70, b ut feel free to give me an offer if you feel that 70 shipped is too high. Don't worry, it's not damaged or otherwise non-functional in any way, shape or form, I'm just selling it as I want to upgrade to the PE4L.

http://forum.techinferno.com/computer-components/3557-fs-pe4h-v2-4-egpu-kit-%2470-usd-obo-shipped.html

Sorry for the blatant advertising, I just thought that this thread might get some attention as well as in the B&S section.

Cheers

• Brian featured this topic