Sign in to follow this  
Suraj Subedi

Nvidia Quadro K3100 in HP 8770w (not working)

I purchased a new HP Quadro K3100m from Ebay. 

The HP 8770w laptop I had is running with quadcore 3rd gen i7 processor and AMD Firepro M4000 graphics; with dual boot windows 10 and windows 7.

I also bought a new heat sink, and thermal paste (Coolermaster) and thermal pads (GC Extreme) to use with the K3100.

With the card installed, the laptop screen was blank but display was supported through the DP port, i checked it.

Used Nvflash (dos version) to create a backup of the existing vbios. 

Then, flashed a dell vbios for k3100m with nvflash dos version,  (using command:- nvflash -6 name.rom) and restarted. The display was only present in the laptop screen nos (not in DP port anymore); logged into windows 10, then installed Nvidia driver from the nvidia site - Optimal driver for enterprise for K3100m, installed it and re-started the machine. I got multiple flickering desktops (9-12) in the laptop screen.

I restarted with windows 7, and removed amd driver and installed nvidia driver, got similar screen upon restart.

After that I flashed the k3100m with another HP vbios, Since then, the laptop opens but black screen both in laptop screen as well as in DP port. I have not tried the VGA cable though since I do not have it. 

Can anybody guide me now

1. to blind flash the original backup HP vbios to the card?

2. a suitable vbios file to flash afterwards to make the new quadro k3100m to wok in my 8770w.

I have attached the backup rom and two vbios rom used in my case.

Thanks,

BACKUP.ROM

Dell.rom

HP.rom

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By IAmSteveRogers
      I have been attempting to change my boost clocks values for the longest time, though I've been unsuccessful. I managed to flash my modded BIOS, though no changes seem to have had happened, along with no errors either. Here's all the stuff I used and was able to get. If someone is able to help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated.
    • By Edrc
      Hello,

I am new on this forum, so I am sorry if posting at the wrong place. It's been 2 weeks that I am searching how to make my GTX 980M 8GB working Inside my Alienware 17 R1 (June 2014, i7 4710MQ, 60 Herts Display, OPTIMUS and the GTX 880M Inside died.)
      After "quickly" looking some forums, I saw that a 980M would easily fit Inside … but maybe I was wrong.

Hardware wasn't a problem. I've also could install drivers by modding the nvdmi or nvcvi. inf files. The card was recognied BUT :
      the clock speed is locked a 135 or 405 Mherts and fan is not runing when booted up.
      I tried to flash vBios with nvflash and some ROM I found on vBios collection … but no way to get this working properly.

So, i'm coming here. I've seen many people talking about Prema or svl7 or other big boss in the place … but ? how ? where ? when ?

Inside the peripherial manager I have this in remote acces path : PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1617&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1\4&D590A51&0&0008
      So I assume my GTX 980M card ID is 1617 and vendor and PC Model are 05AA 1028.
      But near the "Standard Microsoft Video Card" there is a yellow exclamation point and Inside details it says "this peripherial doesn't work properly" when no Nvidia drivers installed.
      I could find some vBios with 1617 (Asus) but black screen at boot up. Since laptop model where not the same .. probably.
      And I wasn't able to find 1617 with the existing 05AA 1028 … as the GTX 980M was not an option for my model. (AW 17 R1 2014 ,60Herts)
      I tried 353.60, 382.33 and 419.35 drivers. The latest one seems easier to install but longer.

BIOS is A16 from Dell. And I am using Windows 10. Got a Dell 330W brick. 

I saw a guy with the exact model as me, he gets a modded vBios especially for his configuration, then everything worked easily … but can't find the topic again

I guess depending on the card info and the laptop model … a dedicated vBios is required … 

So, If anyone here got some informations or any kind of help for me, it would be very nice.

Thanks for reading and help.  

PS: there are a lot of files, pictures and links that I can't see on this forum .. even after registration …. 

• By Reaversword
      Hi, new in the forum, trying to find some help, someone points me in the right direction.

Long story short: Clevo p170hm3 from 2011, gtx485m card dead, new card from ebay, it doesn't works correctly.

I've read about Clevo brand signature, Prema posts about 3dvision license between hardware from ir emitter, gpu and motherboard, Prema modified bios to get gtx580 working too with 3dvision, svl7 (now retired) vbios, and more, but basically, I'm still confused enough to know what should I do and what are the right steps to get my p170hm3 back to life.
      Last card I could buy was a gtx675m, but I couldn't find vbios (original, not-moded from Clevo), the Clevo vbios list "jumps" from gtx670m to gtx680m with no mention to gtx675m , and I read some posts about convert a 675 to a 580 and viceversa, I think it was changing some physical resistances, and some number in vbios, but I'm not modder, no idea really about.

So, What I should do?. Sell 675m and try to get a gtx580m, and use original clevo vbios on it?, it will work, or my computer won't be able to use it?. I bought my computer before gtx580m was released... I would need to update bios to get it working?

Or unlock graphic card restrictions with the latest prema bios mod (if that is possible). There is some chance get 675m working?

Are all mods and files I need in this forum? (ask this because I can't see/access the files, because I'm new in the community)

What options I really have?.

I hope someone can clarify me a little bit this situation.

Thanks in advance.
    • By Klem
      In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo Y50-70, Lenovo Y70-70, Lenovo Z50-70, Lenovo Z70-70, Lenovo G50-70, Lenovo G70-70.
      If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, or unlocked vbios for overclock NVIDIA card, then you can post your request in this thread. Also, if you have a problem with fan pulsating/clicking on any modified bios then you can post your request in this thread.

The flashing procedure include two steps:
      1.  Flash main system bios.
      2.  Flash EC firmware.
    • By Psycha
      Hello, I'm on an alienware m17 r4 and am trying mod my vbios for a 970m 3GB msi. I've managed to get the max boost with an increase in voltage, however I believe my voltage settings maybe unstable. When attempting to load programs capable of high gpu usage capabilities, the gpu begins to become pretty unstable. would anyone be able to provide assistance? I have both my edited and original roms as well.

*update

I'm not sure how to delete this thread but disregard this please. I've figured out the issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.