• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tyrone

ASUS Transformer 3 Pro egpu setup recommendations

1 post in this topic

Hi,

First time on this website and I thought this could be where I can find some help.

I've bought an ASUS transformer Pro 3 with the following specs:

CPU: i5 6200U (2.3 GHz turbo up to 2.8 GHz)

RAM: 8 GB

SSD: 512 GB

Price: $880 CAD (Got lucky on Amazon.. really lucky)

I have not heard any news about the ASUS ROG XG Station 2 being released anytime in Canada yet so I've started to look elsewhere.

The Akitio Node 3 seems ideal for me ($350+tax (free shipping)) since it  could fit full sized desktop graphics cards in there.

Question is, which one should I get? I was thinking GTX 980ti since I know I could get one for $450 but not sure which type or if there are better alternative.

I've heard I should look at the Zotac 10-series mini graphics cards but with these (and the potentially the 980ti), I don't want the system to bottle neck.

The i5 might not be powerful enough to draw the GPU's fullest potential.

I've already heard there were potential fan issues on the Transformer Pro 3 so if that's the case with my model (I hope not), I don't want it to end up overheating.

Please let me know which graphics card I should go for.

Thanks,

T

Edited by Tyrone

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Steppdroid
      Hi All, We can Unlock the last bios and vbios for ovc the gtx950m of Asus N552VX ? would  nice!

Specification Notebook
      Backup bios with afuwinx64

Thanks in Advance

If i try to get a backup  bios of gtx950M i get this error:
      (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti sono riservati. C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64 C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>nvflash -b backupbios.rom NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0) Modified Version By Joe Dirt Adapter: GeForce GTX 950M (10DE,139A,1043,1C9D) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00 WARNING: Debug port will be disabled during EEPROM access. The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device. Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF Command id:000A Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_PREP failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT Identifying EEPROM... Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>  
    • By Zenski
      Hi I'm wondering if it would be possible if i tore out the wifi adapter out of the zenbook flip and then get mpcie to pcie riser and do an egpu setup with a 960. Would this work well? I currently own the psu and gpu. I'm just wondering if it's feasible. Also if there is a better recommendation for a 500-600 ultra book I'm open. I will be taking this for school work and then I come home plug it in do some casual gaming.
    • By Bluefox
      I finally make the egpu work. I switched from AMD card to GTX to make EGPU work in WIN10.
      Here is my configuration hardware:
      1. late 2016 macbook pro 13' touchbar
      2. gtx1050ti
      3. akitio node
      4. macOS 10.12.3
      5. Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10586] UEFI
      6. GTX driver: 378.78-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql
      Here is my issue:
      1. can't boot to win with egpu connected and powered, it give me black screen, but keyboard is working, I have to hot plug egpu during boot up
      2. if I try to use   https://github.com/0xbb/apple_set_os.efi, boot from USB, it still give me black screen
      3. if I try to use new apple_set_os.efi build for 10.12.4 version to boot from USB with gpu-swith run in win before reboot, it can get into win10, but in a while, GTX driver will crash, and in device manage it show code 43, can't make it work anymore
      so, can someone help me with the hot plug boot to win???
    • By 613
      AKiTiO 40Gbps Thunderbolt™ 3 Cable
      This Thunderbolt™ 3 cable delivers lighting fast data transfer rates for storage, single-cable docking, multiple 4K video displays, external graphics for high speed gaming, and Thunderbolt networking between computers. Based on Intel's Thunderbolt™ 3 technology, this Thunderbolt™ 3 cable with the USB Type-C™ connector enables 40 Gbps bi-directional data transmission and reversible connectivity.
      The cable supports up to 100W power delivery and multiple data protocols such as USB 2.0 (4.8 Mbps), USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5 Gbps), Gen 2 (10 Gbps), DisplayPort 1.2, and PCI Express.
      Features
      Lightning fast data transfer rates up to 40 Gbps Supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, DisplayPort and PCIe protocols Reversible USB-C connector
    • By 613
      Cable Matters 40Gbps Active Thunderbolt™ 3 Cable
      This Thunderbolt™ 3 cable delivers lighting fast data transfer rates for storage, single-cable docking, multiple 4K video displays, external graphics for high speed gaming, and Thunderbolt networking between computers. Based on Intel's Thunderbolt™ 3 technology, this Thunderbolt™ 3 cable with the USB Type-C™ connector enables 40 Gbps bi-directional data transmission and reversible connectivity.
      The cable supports up to 60W power delivery and multiple data protocols such as USB 2.0, DisplayPort 1.2, and PCI Express.
      Features
      Lightning fast data transfer rates up to 40 Gbps Supports Thunderbolt 3, USB 2, DisplayPort and PCIe protocols Reversible USB-C connector 1m - 3.3 feet length