[M17xR4] Graphic card not recognized by SW

Gufo90

Hi everybody,

My old graphic card (AMD RADEON 7970HD) expired so I bought a new one, a NVIDIA GTX 780M.

First of all I flashed A11 unlocked BIOS to try to set display to PEG and disable IGD but on the boot I had a black screen (with audio).

So I returned to SG (switchable Graphics) and I modified drivers to let me install them and I successfully did it.

Btw there still was the alert tringle on list of hardware components at the voice NVIDIA GTX 780M with error 43 (i'm not 100% sure of that code).

So I tried to remove the graphic card from his slot and reinsert that and now I don't see the triangle anymore.

Now I have anothe issue (i hope the last..): the graphic card is not recognized by programs/games etc.. so I tried to set display to PEG and disable IGD but on the boot it was recognized just a "Standard VGA graphic card), so I tried to install modified drivers but I couldn't, just like the drivers were not modified (no compatible devices found).

Can anyone help me with this issure?

Thanks to everybody.

Do you modified the drivers by yourself?

If yes, have you checked the hardware id's after disabling the IGD. It's possible that it changed, so you have to modify the driver again.

And by the way, there is no need for a unlocked bios to run a 780M in a R4.

Hi Zoldago,

Yes I modified the driver by myself adding rows identifying the ID on the .inf files.

The ID is not changed after my replace, I tried also to uninstall (with DDU) and reinstall drivers on the SG mode and it worked but I have again the issue of the recognization of the card by the software.

Yes I know I don't need the unlocked BIOS but I discovered that just after I flashed it!

PS: I am something like horrified seeing that the installation of drivers is regulated just by some text files.. is like when I find a GO TO instruction on COBOL programs at work..  

Wich OS do you use?

A long time ago i tried to use Optimus with a 980M on Windows 10 and it did'nt work very well.

The 980M runs on lowest MHz all the time, no matter which card should be used.

In single mode all worked fine.

I use win7 64bit.

I took 780M even because I found that, for my pc, is one of best cards compatible even with win7.

I would not change the OS because I don't really like Win8 and Win10.