EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
Sign in to follow this  
Hornjack

Experienc with A11 Unlocked Bios M18xR2 (by swick1981 & svl7) 2.0.0 ?

hi everyone,

do I get it right, this mod "A11 Unlocked Bios M18xR2 (by swick1981 & svl7) 2.0.0" allows me to run my alienware M18x R2 with two GTX 980M SLI in Legacy mode again, so I don´t need a modded Nvidia driver anymore? Please share your experiences with me, I would be greatful.

best regards and thank you 

I'm not 100% sure, but i think normaly you need UEFI mode to get a 980M working and with tihs Bios mod you can still use Legacy mode.

Anyways you always need modded driver to get the 980M working.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 23.10.2016 at 0:55 AM, Hornjack said:

hi everyone,

Hello i am new here i found this site because i have problems with my alienware m18x r2 does not support the samsung 960 evo ssd nvme. I have the a12 bios and now i have see the a11 unlocked svl7 is supporting nvem ssd. Can i use it on my m18x r2 and does it support the 960 nvme?thanks 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Confused Troll
      I have installed a 980m card in an M17x from early 2014 and am now here to ask the experts of this fine establishment if they can help with what needs to be done to get it to work, if at all possible.

It tries to upgrade a shorted out 780m. Modded driver was installed (445.75 WHQL from 2020.3.23), but device manager says error 43.

sBIOS is stock A17 from Dell. UEFI enabled, legacy and safe boot disabled.

OS is Windows 10 Home 64-bit on an SSD.

Can it be done at all? If it can, what needs be done?

Edit:
      I think my model is actually 17 R1, judging by the date, processor being a 4th gen i7 (4700MQ) and also this matches my regulatory model.
      I know this is my only post here and in I come, asking for help, but... pretty please help?

Further edit:
      I have identified the 980m as being a Dell version. (as per GPU-Z)
    • By Donz7733
      I am planning to get this Charger (170w 20v 8.5a) - https://www.amazon.in/Lenovo-ThinkPad-4X20E50574-170W-AC/dp/B00MLTQ99Y
      &
      the Adapter - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32975526334.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.27cb747e6TEc28&algo_pvid=a7db42d0-97cb-4a37-be7a-d19c44bddf73&algo_expid=a7db42d0-97cb-4a37-be7a-d19c44bddf73-0&btsid=8d6ee0f9-08e9-4474-b63b-cc751403b4c7&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_60

Will this combination work to run Both GT755m of Y510p?

Thanks

• By smeetooie3
      Hi all,

I just installed a used 980m into my Alienware 17 R1, and I'm noticing benchmarks that are ~12% below what others are reporting online. I'm wondering if this is just meh hardware, if it's a vBIOS problem, or if it's a problem with my computer and not the card.

I noticed that the GPU is getting throttled under load... like, under any load. Here's the clock and temp during 3DMark Firestrike:

Here it is with the voltage as well:

The "perfcap" reason in GPU-Z is power.

Specs:

Alienware 17 R1
      i7 4900MQ
      4x4gb 1600Mhz
      Win10
      My card:

A pre-emptive thanks for any help.

• By 71hourahmed
      I'm looking at finally upgrading my m17x from its old 7970m to a 980m, but the person I contacted to buy the card from warned me that the 980m requires a 200W power supply, and win10 (I'm still on 7, but I can upgrade easily enough, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem).

I have read that the 7970m only required 100W, so I have no idea if my laptop would even be able to power the 980m or whether this would just be a waste of several hundred pounds. Can anyone clarify?

Also, I have read on here that installing a new card in an m17x require you to manually update the video drivers, but I'm afraid that I'm not quite sure what that means, exactly - would I need to rely on kindly users on here to keep uploading new modded versions of the video drivers in perpetuity, or is it just that I need to somehow tweak the installation on new drivers in future?
    • By mocji117
      Hi, I got a Sager NP8278 (Clevo P170SM) with a gtx970m 6GB. is there a way to have SLI or what are my upgrade options for the video card?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.