Elitebook 8470p + Intel HD 4000 + MSI GTX 750 Ti | 2 issues

Hello everyone,

I have an HP Elitebook 8470p with integrated graphics (Intel HD 4000). I made my eGPU work but having some issues with it.

I have expresscard edition of EXP GDC and my graphics card is MSI GTX 750 Ti.

1. I have to plug & eject expresscard connector several times for make my computer recognize eGPU. Sometimes it not recognizes, sometimes recognizing it as MS Basic Display Adapter and sometimes as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti. Any solution?

Solution for issue #1: With a paper clip, keeping PSU on solved this issue.

2. When I use external display, gaming performance is quite high but if I use internal screen, FPS dragging down dramatically. Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for any replies,

Alparslan

Edited by warghasmtr

2) nope, if you are using your internal screen the egpu has to send back all the frames to your igp. Just make sure your egpu runs on gen2 speed(x1.2) and then you are good. You can check it with GPU-Z by clicking on the "?" next to the Bus Interface box.

Doink,

My GPU-Z result attached. Any suggestions?

Hi Doink,

Sorry for my late answer. I'll check and tell you the result as soon as possible.

ss.JPG

Edited by warghasmtr

Nothing to suggest here, it says @2.0 so you are good. The internal screen performance drop is normal, it is pretty costy to copy back all the frames on a x1 link.

2 hours ago, Doink said:

Nothing to suggest here, it says @2.0 so you are good. The internal screen performance drop is normal, it is pretty costy to copy back all the frames on a x1 link.

Hello Doink,

Thanks for answer. I ended up my search.

hello sorry I have your notebbok you can give me a tip I always get error 12 with the setup 1.30 I can't  get it to work I tried it with win8.1 win10 and you can tell me what configuration you used pls

Edited by BlackMamba

Hi BlackMamba,

You can fix error 12 by DSDT overriding. I never used Setup 1.30.

Search the forum and you'll find tutorial for DSDT overriding and lots of information.

Edited by warghasmtr

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.