Help: dGPU not detected after using eGPU

Django030

Win 7

I7-4700MQ

Nvidea GT 750m

12 GB RAM

eGPU: GTX 770+PE4C 3.0 (mPCIE)+ Corsair VS650 (PSU)

My epgu was directly shutting down when it had to do processing and i was getting a blackscreen. I've read in the FAQ that the reasin is probably the cheap PSU because it wasn't working on Gen 1 either.

So i disconected the egpu and ordered a new PSU (be quiet System Power 8 500W)

But now my device manager won't find my dgpu. I also checked the hidden devices in the manager. No luck.

Next to that i was getting another Error message from this device in the picture.

The dgpu is still getting recognised in setup 1.x and in setup the dgpu is still on.

I think i messed up something with the pci compaction but i'm not sure. 

My Tolud with the epgu connected was 2.49GB now disconnected is 2.74GB.

I didn't need a DST override and never did one but maybe i did a wrong pci compaction.

Uploaded Diag aswell. I hope its conclusive bc i don't know if i have the right compaction.

I hope you can help me!

tech1.PNG

diag.rar

Edited by Django030

2 hours ago, Django030 said:

Win 7

I7-4700MQ

Nvidea GT 750m

12 GB RAM

eGPU: GTX 770+PE4C 3.0 (mPCIE)+ Corsair VS650 (PSU)

My epgu was directly shutting down when it had to do processing and i was getting a blackscreen. I've read in the FAQ that the reasin is probably the cheap PSU because it wasn't working on Gen 1 either.

So i disconected the egpu and ordered a new PSU (be quiet System Power 8 500W)

But now my device manager won't find my dgpu. I also checked the hidden devices in the manager. No luck.

Next to that i was getting another Error message from this device in the picture.

The dgpu is still getting recognised in setup 1.x and in setup the dgpu is still on.

I think i messed up something with the pci compaction but i'm not sure. 

My Tolud with the epgu connected was 2.49GB now disconnected is 2.74GB.

I didn't need a DST override and never did one but maybe i did a wrong pci compaction.

Uploaded Diag aswell. I hope its conclusive bc i don't know if i have the right compaction.

I hope you can help me!

tech1.PNG

diag.rar

Yes, the error against the device is the reason your dGPU isn't appearing.

It may be that your BIOS isn't correctly allocating the resources to the dGPU upon bootup when it sees the eGPU. The workaround there is to use the delay switches on the PE4C V3.0 to hide the eGPU from the BIOS during bootup.

I'll add too that most users prefer to disable the dGPU which your system current is doing. That's because with just the iGPU+eGPU, NVIdia drivers will enable internal LCD acceleration by the eGPU plus x1 pci-e compression.

The only scenario where enabling the dGPU would be useful is where you have a NVIdia dGPU+eGPU and wanted to use one for say game rendering and one for Physx effects.

16 hours ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Yes, the error against the device is the reason your dGPU isn't appearing.

It may be that your BIOS isn't correctly allocating the resources to the dGPU upon bootup when it sees the eGPU.

Thanks for replying!

The thing is that the egpu is currently not connected and the dgpu still does not get recognised. I think aswell that it has to do something with the allocation because the device error in the picture comes from the "Arbeitsspeicher" (German for Ram). But it cannot be due to the egpu.

Sorry if my phrasing in the first post was misleading. 

Edit: Fixed! Just remove the faulty driver and restart your computer. It'll be reinstalled and the gpu will be detected again.

I hope i won't get the Blackscreen freeze with the new PSU when my egpu is supposed to process things.

Edited by Django030

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.