A few questions about my P670SE

mirak

Hello everyone!

I've recently bought a Santech C37 (P670SE based laptop) and I love it, it's a beautiful machine, powerful and runs great! Though I found a few things here and there I couldn't fully understand.

First one, within the bios (running v1.05.01 for both bios and ec) there is this "GPU Performance Scaling" option, which to my own understanding should enable/disable GPU overclocking. But no matter what value I set, in the Clevo Control Center no GPU OC shortcut appears (I thought it would work like Intel XTU, where the shortcut for CPU and memory OC appears under gaming tab), and is therefore still necessary to reach GPUOCv2 exe manually. Doesn't really bother me, but is this the expected behavior? Initially I was running control center v5.0000.0.22 from Santech website, I updated it to v5.0000.0.32 from the P870DM page on Sager website but still nothing.

Also, what the latest control center version would be? I've checked out Clevo's website and under their P870DM page there's v5.0000.0.35! Is that one? I just don't understand why every model has a different version available. I know there are drivers within it, but they seem pretty generic, so why isn't there a general download for everyone? Or am I totally missing it somewhere else?

Last one I promise!:rofl:

I'm currently running Windows 10 Pro x64 build 10586.63, and the battery meter is behaving weirdly: while discharging he is able to provide a percentage but NOT to estimate the remaining time and gets stuck forever on "Calculating..."; on the other hand, while charging everything works as expected and he shows the remaining time. Is someone else having the same behavior? Is it a Windows bug? I've run tests using Ubuntu live and ArchLinux and they are perfectly capable of estimating the remaining time (even in a VM under Windows itself!!!), so I wouldn't think of a faulty battery.

I'm sorry for my english, but it's not my main language:angel:

Thanks for your patience!

Edited by mirak

• 3 weeks later...

Nevermind solved a few things by myself (though I'm still unsure of the GPU Performance Scaling effect), except for the battery meter problem which is still present. If anybody else is interested, I've discovered how to make GPU Overclock shortcut appear within the control center gaming tab. There's a file in the hotkey folder called "oem.ini" : if you open it, under "[Control Center]" section, there are a few lines which seem to enable/disable control center features. The line you should edit is "SupportGPUOC=0" (if it's missing you could try adding it manually I guess). Change the value to 1 then reboot: you'll have the shortcut available and a new icon in the system tray:sorcerer:

Edited by mirak