What does STOCK (v)BIOS & EC do?

demondor

I've got a clevo p650sg and have flashed the prema mod bios with no issues. Came across the STOCK (v)BIOS & EC section and was wondering what they do. I came across a post where some guy was having issues with fans not kicking in on time and Prema recommended flashing the EC version over it.

I'm having the exact same issue, but I already tried flashing the most recent EC over my (non-Prema) BIOS. Sadly Prema did not make a x7200 BIOS.

If I let the Power Management Mode on default (which is "Adaptive") in the Nvidia Control Panel, my GPU fan does not kick in at all, even after 90°C, so I have to hit FN+F1 to manually cool it.

If I switch the Power Management Mode to "Prefer Maximum Performance" my GTX 680M throttles utilization as soon as it hits 76°C instead of starting the fan...

This only happens in Windows 10 and Windows 10 drivers.

Does anyone know a solution?