GT330M dGPU gives Error 43 with GTX750Ti eGPU

jensen

Hi,

I have a sony vaio vpcf12hfx (i7 720, GT330m, express-card) running windows 10. I've managed to get it working with a GTX 750ti using a pe4h v3.2.

The egpu works fine however the GT330m gives an error 43. When I boot without the egpu connected,  the GT 330m still doesn't work.

I'm guessing the 750ti drivers don't play nice with the 330m.

Is there any way to fix this?

Device manager.png

8 minutes ago, jensen said:

Hi,

I have a sony vaio vpcf12hfx (i7 720, GT330m, express-card) running windows 10. I've managed to get it working with a GTX 750ti using a pe4h v3.2.

The egpu works fine however the GT330m gives an error 43. When I boot without the egpu connected,  the GT 330m still doesn't work.

I'm guessing the 750ti drivers don't play nice with the 330m.

Is there any way to fix this?

Device manager.png

This is because your GT330M + GTX750Ti has no unified driver for both devices. Means you choose a driver for one or the other with whichever being excluded being the one that has an error 43 against it.

The most recent GT330M is a 'legacy'  341.92: http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/94790/en-us

1 minute ago, jensen said:

Thanks for the info.

How can i find out what gpus have a unified driver with the 330m?

Click the 'supported products' tab when viewing the GT330M driver. The laptopvideotogo website did some mods to incorporate mobile and desktop drivers. Worth having a look. You might find an older GTX5xx or GTX6xx can be paired with a GT330M using a unified driver.

17 minutes ago, Tech Inferno Fan said:

Click the 'supported products' tab when viewing the GT330M driver. The laptopvideotogo website did some mods to incorporate mobile and desktop drivers. Worth having a look. You might find an older GTX5xx or GTX6xx can be paired with a GT330M using a unified driver.

Also would getting an amd gpu instead of the 750ti fix the issue?

36 minutes ago, jensen said:

If anyone interested this driver seems to be working for both cards. The real challenge is getting windows 10 to stop overwriting it.

https://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/82467/en-us

Good find there. Can use "DDU" software to disable Win10's automatic driver installation. Then you can install and keep your linked older 341.11 driver.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.