Nvidia Quadro K4000M in Clevo P151HM1

I just got a Dell Quadro K4000M to install in my Clevo P151HM1, replacing a Clevo GTX 480M that has been developing issues.  However, there seems to be a minor compatibility issue between the system BIOS and the card BIOS.  On POST, the machine pauses for a couple of minutes and beeps a few times before booting the OS.  After booting the OS, the card seems to work fine, except the PCI subsystem ID is not correct - should be 1028:153F (there are references to this in the VBIOS dump), but the Clevo BIOS appears to rewrite this to 1558:0000.  Interestingly, the drivers from NVIDIA ignore the subsystem ID, so no INF modifications were necessary and the card works correctly in both Linux and Windows.  The long POST would just be an annoyance, save for the fact that I cannot get into the BIOS setup and boot device selection screens anymore.  The computer is running the latest BIOS from Clevo.  I believe the solution would be a mod to the card's VBIOS, however I am not sure exactly what has to be done. 

The card has BIOS version 80.04.5A.00.02, which can be downloaded here: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/145048/145048.html (I didn't upload this, but GPU-Z says that's what I have on my card). 

This post seems to reference the exact same issue, except for a different card: https://forum.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/7617-p150hm-with-gtx-670mx-not-booting-normally/

Does anyone know if this compatibility issue can be worked around?

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, and why I posted here. 

Also, there are a whole bunch of these cards on ebay right now for $100-150 or so.  If it is possible to get this working nicely, then that could be a nice upgrade for people who want to get some more life out of their P15xHM laptops.

• Founder
1 hour ago, alex.forencich said:

Yeah, that's pretty much what I figured, and why I posted here. 

Also, there are a whole bunch of these cards on ebay right now for $100-150 or so.  If it is possible to get this working nicely, then that could be a nice upgrade for people who want to get some more life out of their P15xHM laptops.

The funny thing is that for several years that's what Alienware users did by purchasing Clevo cards. They had to mod the inf but otherwise it was pretty much plug and play.