M18x GTX 460M SLI with 240watt power

Djaru

Guys, I have a M18x with two GTX 460m cards in SLI, 2820qm. with this configuration, I am using a 240watt power supply. scores in the windows 7 index scores are very low for CPU and GPU, 4.8 on CPU, and 2.8 aero, 5.1 3d gaming score. could this be because I am using a 240watt power supply instead of a 330watt?

Thanks.

No, I am plugged in to the ac power supply, even the battery status says plugged in battery not charging. I also get the message at post that I should use a 330watt, but I only have a 240watt for now. so just wanted to know if the decrease in performance is due to this or something else before I go off and buy a $200 power supply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys, sorry been busy playing games, ha ha. Anyways My specs are , M18x, i7 2760QM, 2 x NVIDIA GTX580M's, 16GB PC3-12800 1600Mhz, 2 x 256Gb Samsung SSD @ RAID 0, Blu-ray dvd-rw drive.

Just upgraded my video cards for the COD MW3 and Battlefield 3.