970m m17x r4 HELP... (please)

tictaktoe333

Hey

So I brought a 970m the other day and have finally got round to fitting it into my laptopicon1.png. Installation went smooth and system posted. The bios recognised the nvidia gpu but the system recognised it as a standard graphics adapter and had an error code 30? I think this was because the correct drivers weren't installed yet.

So I continued doing what I was doing and installed the correct drivers by downloading them off of eurocom and then disabling driver signatures (because I am running windows 8.1). I then had to replace an INF fileicon1.png with a modded file and the driver was on my system. When I rebooted my computer I now see that the system doesn't even register the graphics adapter but the drivers are correctly installed.

If anyone could tell me where to go from here that would be great. In the meantime I am going to reinstall drivers and and see if that does the trick.

*I then uninstalled the drivers but the graphics adapter hasn't come back?!?!

I've also tried taking out the coin battery but that did nothing aha

I was wondering if I needed an unlocked bios? and if so does anyone have an unlocked bios that I can use (when I am finally allowed to download stuff).

Thanks

Tom