New user. Stupid question

Lombar

Hi.

I have a Clevo P170SM (*) with 32GB Rom and 4 Samsung 850 EVO SSD Disk (500GB each). My really problem is that I don't Know if is a P170SM or a P170SM-A. Under machine I read model: P170SM / Product Code: P170SM-A.

I update BIOS from ClevoCenter.com and now I have problems of BSD. I have a RAID of 4 disk and I tested disk, memory,... but I can solve this problem. I think that perhaps I use an incorrect BIOS.

Which BIOS do you think I must use? A Mod BIOS? P170SM or P170SM-A?

I'm really desperate.

If keyboard back-lights still function then the system should be the SM-A revision.

What is the designed speed of your RAM? There are a few changes regarding RAM to allow it to run at its designed speed. It may have run underclocked with the old BIOS.

In BIOS settings "Chipset" > "Memory" section change the "Command Rate" to "2N".

If that isn't enough to stabilize the system either raise the 'first 3 RAM Timings' under "Advanced" > "Performance Tuning" > "RAM Overclocking" (e.g. 11-11-11 to 12-12-12) or lower the RAM speed manually (e.g. 1866Mhz to 1600Mhz).

Thank You for your explanation, Looking at BIOS and invoice finally I discovered thats a P170SM-A.

Other Data:

- CPU i7-4910MQ $ç@2.90GHz

- NVidia GeForce 870M 6GB

- BIOS 1.03.11

- KBCI/EC Firmware 1.03.09

- Memory 32GB DDR3L 1600Mhz HyperX Impact

- 2x mSATA SAMSUNG EVO 500GB SSD

- 2 500GB Samsung EVO

- GraBador DVD

- WiFi Bigfoot Killer-N 1202

I'm sorry, my Bios is very basic, There aren't chpset section or Performance Tunning.

I suppose that a mod Bios has possibilities for change that, so I'll wait for my 5 post and them I tryed it.