Possible to swap M17x R2 screen into the R3?

Hi there,

While thinking about which would be better to get -the R2 or the R3 - I wondered if it were possible to take the epic RGBLED R2 screen and stick it in the R3 - so you'd have the better battery life of the R3 but with the good screen of the R2. So, does anyone think this would be possible?

The main concerns that I thought of while thinking about it were:

1. a. If the R2 screen would fit into the R3 lid right.

or, if the screen wouldn't fit in even with some custom work,

1. b. If the R2 lid hinge would fit into the R3 and if that hinge would support the additional weight

2. If the R3 motherboard had the right monitor connection for the R2 screen.

3. If the R3 motherboard had the right power for the R2 screen.

4. If there would be any driver issues for the R2 screen. (you'd think there wouldn't be, as you can hook up lots of different external monitors to the R3, so you'd think it would support whatever internal monitor you put in as long as the connections were correct)

Also, the other idea to check out is if you could stick an R3 motherboard into the R2. I would bet not without a lot of work, and it probably wouldn't be worth the work to actually do it, but the idea itself is worth considering if only for curiosity's sake.

The last idea I had to get a better screen on the R3 would be to check if there were any other laptop RGBLED screens that matched the same size, would fit in, and could be hooked up to the R3 motherboard. Unlikely, but perhaps possible.

Anyways, what da ya think?

Edited by LiquidNitrogen