W370ST Screen flickering issue

Musica

Hello,

I am trying to repair a W370ST for a friend. The screen flickers if you tap the laptop or move the hinge. I tore it apart a little bit keyboard off front plastic bezel for the screen and the access panels on the back. It seems to be the cable that runs from the monitor to the mother board. I want to reset the connector just to test but I think it's likely that cable that has broken due to being pinched by the hinge over time. I can't find the connector inside the laptop does anyone know what side I should be looking on? Or maybe someone knows that this is caused by a bad driver etc.

Kind regards,

Musica

• 1 month later...

Hi. Sorry to resurrect and hijack the thread, but I'm having a similar issue wity my W370et, and was happy to find this thread. Looks like it's not the Whole computer that's screwed after all. When I searched for the cable Prema suggests there are many hits, but to be honest I found it difficult to pick out the correct one, as I'm not too familiar with hardware components.

Will something like this do?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LVDS-Cable-40Pin-2-ch-6-bit-for-15-6-17-3-18-4-Inches-LED-LCD-Panel-1920x1080-/181450075256

• 4 months later...