Samsung SSD 1TB EVO problem data recovery..

Koci

I have a Samsung EVO SSD 1Tb and I was using it for about 1 year until recently it became unreadable. I know maybe that I got it full of data until about 95% or so.. Now it just doesnt boot up and though I connect it as slave it does not recognize the drive eventhough it assigned a driveletter to it. Anybody here knows anthing about data recovery for SSD?

Thanks

Hi Koci,

First prize would be to test the drive on another PC to determine if the problem is software (corruption etc.) or hardware related (not detecting, bad sectors etc.). You can use a program like hard disk sentinel to do the testing. From there you could either run a data recovery program, if it is a software issue.

I would first make a clone of the drive before trying to recover the data If it is a hardware issue and the drive is still detectable. If the drive is not detectable then I’m afraid there is no DIY software alone will be able to recover your data. SDD drives are prone to a number of issues including firmware corruption and processor failure.

When It comes to data recovery software I would recommend using a data recovery program like R-Studio. Should your drive have been NTFS formatted then R-Studio NTFS at 49.99 USD should recover all your files – if it is a software issue and if you have not written back any data to the drive.

R-Studio also has a built in option to make an image of the drive. A demo version can be downloaded to confirm the file system type and/or recover-ability of your data.

All the best

• Thumbs Up 1