Problem with mod bios on w370st

vonsephiros

Hey guys,

First of all, thanks in advance for the help.:)

I have a clevo w370st (AKA avell g1511 new) and i decided to upgrade my bios due the loud fan issue.

After upgrading the bios for the last one, my gtx 860 stoped appearing on the notebook. If i searched at the Everest software i could see it, but i could not find it on windows, install drivers or anything. It showed only as 3D

video adapter.

So, thinking that i messed anything up ont he new bios, i downloaded the prema mod for w370st from https://biosmods.wordpress.com/w370st/.

I did everything right, i did the power cicle to reset the ec, however, as soon as the system turn on i get some lousy beeps and the fan really starts to blow (a cold air, it´s not hot) and the system shutdown after 20 seconds.

I want to know what are my options here. I really want to stay with prema mod, so:

- Is there any way to fix this shutdown issue? Again, i did the ec reset at least three times, even leaving the notebook without ac cord and battery overnight.

- Is there anything that i can change on the bios to prevent the system shut down? I can't open the notebook, since it's stil on warranty.

If i cant use prema bios and have to get to my older bios:

- The missing gtx 860m issue is a vbios issue? Is there a vbios that i can use on clevo w370st?

Sorry for all the questions, i'm breaking my head on two days with this issue and i don't know what to do. All the answers are REALLY apreciated.

Let me know if i can give any other expalantion.

Thanks again!

Use my Mod or stock version from the Clevo BIOS section, they contain also the vBIOS.

Prema, i noticed that your mod and the stock version have vbios for a 765M. However, my notebook has a 860m and i think that's what is giving me problems with the flashing and the gpu.

When i'm flashing, i receive the message:

PCI DEVICE OVERRIDE DETECTED

ADAPTER PCI DEVICE: 1392

FIRMWARE IMAGE PCI DEVICE: 11e2

Am i right to think that this might be the problem? Any way to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

Prema, i noticed that your mod and the stock version have vbios for a 765M. However, my notebook has a 860m and i think that's what is giving me problems with the flashing and the gpu.

When i'm flashing, i receive the message:

PCI DEVICE OVERRIDE DETECTED

ADAPTER PCI DEVICE: 1392

FIRMWARE IMAGE PCI DEVICE: 11e2

Am i right to think that this might be the problem? Any way to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

Then your Notebook is W370SS (860M) and NOT a W370ST (765M) and you are about to brick it with the wrong BIOS/EC and vBIOS.

Just use the correct files. ;)

You may have to do the entire flash procedure twice with the correct W370SS files (incl. 30s AC Adapter removal) in order to get the GPU back.

Then your Notebook is W370SS (860M) and NOT a W370ST (765M) and you are about to brick it with the wrong BIOS/EC and vBIOS.

Just use the correct files. ;)

You may have to do the entire flash procedure twice with the correct W370SS files (incl. 30s AC Adapter removal) in order to get the GPU back.

Check this out, Prema:

My motherboard

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/eniojunior/motherboard.jpg

The GPU

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll204/eniojunior/gpu.jpg

I'm pretty sure about it being an W370st, not so sure about the w860m. I think i override the vbios at some time and my 765m is showing as 860m. Not even sure if this is possible. :(

I really don't know how to fix all this.

Sorry for posting on the wrong section of the forum. :)

So, as i said, here's some screenshots from the AIDA64:

post-35354-14494999941702_thumb.jpg

post-35354-14494999942096_thumb.jpg

As you can see, Aida states that i have an W370ST (what i pretty sure i have) and a GTX860M (what i'm not pretty sure).

I think that maybe doing the first flash, my vbios was replaced by a 870m when i had a 765m. Is that even possible?

The problem is i bought this notebook with a 765m card. I had to send it for warranty some months back and they replaced all the motherboard. I'm not sure if they sent me the note with a 860m (or the original 765m) since i not checked. :(

So i don't know if i really have a 860m or a 765m on the note right now.

Sorry for all this mess.

You have a W370SS flashed with the wrong BIOS (W370ST).

Looks like they replaced your W370ST motherboard with a W370SS...they gave you a free upgrade to the refresh model.

Do as suggested above and go through the W370SS Mod flashing procedure twice.