P650SG/NP8652 how to increase CPU cooling efficiency?

kaczor

Hi,

I've installed the latest Prema Mod BIOS for my laptop. However now the fans spin up rather late and without any overclocking my CPU runs into thermal throttling at 96°C until the fans kick in at full speed under any sort of CPU benchmark. Is there a way to tell the fans to come up sooner and/or a generic way of increasing thermal efficiency of the heatsink? Would changing the paste to ic diamond help?

Thanks!

Just flash the latest EC by using my stock version and ONLY typing 'x' and hitting 'enter'. ;)

Hi Prema,

Sorry, when you say "my stock version" do you mean the version you provide as part of your Prema Mod package or a generic stock version from this forum?

Thank you!

Hi Prema,

Sorry, when you say "my stock version" do you mean the version you provide as part of your Prema Mod package or a generic stock version from this forum?

Thank you!

It only works with the stock bios/ec combo that you can find here or on my blog.

Can I flash the stock EC and keep your Prema Mod BIOS?

Yes, that's what my first reply is all about...the EC that comes with the Mod is just older, so you need to flash the latest which comes with the stock package.