Powering up issue

So far this is the third laptop I've had with this issue. First one, Asus G750JM, second HP Envy 15 and now MSI GS60 (similar but different)

See whenever I turn my Asus or HP on it starts up, screen comes on, you see the Asus/HP logos then it shuts down. Turn it on again and it runs fine, boots into Windows and no issues.

The MSI boots up, same as the others, shuts down but even if I turn it on again it still shuts down! So what I have to do is press F3 when it turns on, go into that Windows 8 "recovery" and click Continue to Windows 8.1 and it boots into the OS just fine.

With the MSI I pressed F3 and did the Windows 8.1 Reset option. After that the issue stopped but has come back now. It seemed to have come back after I reinstalled Nvidia's 350.12 drivers but with the other two laptops, the issue was there long before the new drivers came out.....haven't done a reset on them (sold the Asus recently).

Anyone else face this issue? I googled it and no one seemed to have quite the same issue/s